Job Title: Project Support Officer
Organisation: Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Finn Church Aid is Finland’s biggest development co-operation organisation and the second biggest organisation in Finland working in humanitarian aid. Finn Church Aid is a member of the ACT Alliance (ACT), an alliance of faith-based development and humanitarian aid organisations forming one of the world’s largest aid organisations. Finn Church Aid is committed to continue working until people in need of assistance can make their own living and fulfil their basic needs. Finn Church Aid also campaigns for dignity and justice. FCA has received funds from UNICEF to implement a project aimed at improving the quality of Education in seven districts namely; (Adjumani, Moyo, Kibale, Nebbi, Yumbe, Zombo, Koboko).
Job Summary: The Project Support Officer will be responsible for supporting the project coordinator to undertake project activities. He or she will be accountable to the Project Coordinator and will from time to time work with her or her office to ensure proper project implementation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support the Project Coordinator in planning, developing, supervising, implementing and coordinating the project within the project area of operation
· Work closely with and consult regularly with the M & E Officer to ensure effective implementation
· Prepare periodic work plan in liaison with Project Coordinator
· Make regular field visits to the project area of operation to assess project progress
· Assists the Project Coordinator in supervising project staff and taking appropriate action to ensure efficient and effective performance
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education, Development Studies, Social Work and Social Administration, Social Sciences and any other related discipline.
· Additional qualification in Project Planning and Management is an added advantage.
· A minimum of three years’ experience in community work of education projects with a reputable public body or NGO.
· Computer literacy skills with proficiency in project planning and management software applications
· High integrity, self-driven and able to set own work schedule with rigorous deadlines.
· Ability to initiate and complete assignments and to work under demanding circumstances with minimal supervision.
· Strong organization, supervisory, problem-solving, interpersonal, communication as well as team building and negotiation skills.
· Knowledge of one of the local languages in Adjumani
· Willing to reside in Adjumani and possession of a valid motorcycle riding license)
How to Apply: All candidates are encouraged to send their applications either by hand delivery or via email, addressed to: The Country Manager, Finn Church AID, Uganda Program, P.O. Box 21826 Kampala. Please send your short application and CV to: Admin.Ugaco@kirkonulkomaanapu.ﬁ
Deadline: 25th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline