Job Title: Program Manager - East & North
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Educate! is a fast growing, non-profit social enterprise that works to transform education in Africa to teach youth to solve poverty for themselves and their communities. Educate! provides youth with skills training in leadership, entrepreneurship and workforce readiness along with mentorship to start real businesses at school. Our model is delivered through practically-trained teachers and youth mentors.
Job Summary: The Program Manager - East & North will lead program delivery strategy, procedure management, provide financial oversight, and performance management in our operations in the districts across Eastern and Northern Uganda as we move towards our vision for 2024 of reaching one million youth annually across ten countries in Sub Saharan Africa.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Delivery Strategy: (30%)
· Prepare monthly regional meetings memo, review with Team in preparation to lead the meetings.
· Keenly review termly monitoring reports, Internal Advisory Board feedback, and risk analysis.
· Produce a termly action plan reflected in team’s goals and monthly priorities, Lead termly planning retreats with team of PCs,
· Lead 1:1 meetings with team, review work plans, termly mid-term and termly goals, monitoring, and set/check in on monthly priorities.
· Carry out 3 tier-management by observing PC's and RO’s in their role and checking in on program officers,
· Work closely with HR to review and update program staff recruitment and hiring strategy, advise on all Regional Programs team capacity concerns.
Performance Management (30%)
· Regularly monitor and support Program Coordinators in leading monthly regional meetings with team of Program Officers.
· Keenly review and approve annual staff appraisals of POs and YLs prepared by PCs and ROs. Make sure performance reviews are completed and submitted to HR on time.
· Observe program officers lead YBE meetings, Experience Association meetings, and/or CU events; Monitor trainings to uphold quality and provide feedback to the Team & the Design and Training Department.
· Supervise and advise PCs and POs on how to maintain & increase association meeting attendance & administration trainings, supervise and advise PCs and PO on LEC delivery, monitoring compliance, attendance and mentor management.
Financial Oversight (25%)
· Prepare regional annual budgets, prepare Budget vs. Actual based reports, Submit revised budgets to Head of Programs and suggest budget reallocation.
· Co- lead half-year budget review, explaining all causes of budget vs. actual discrepancies, and re-allocating money for second half.
· Meet with Finance Department monthly to liaise on issues of procedure compliance, school payment reports, cash flow, and audits.
· Build program coordinators skill set and support to approve program officer expenses.
· Work closely with finance on revising and improving financial procedures for regional program activities; manage strategy to uncover fraud and/misuse of funds.
Program Procedures Management (15%)
· Oversee updates and changes to program procedures, Conduct termly & half-year procedure check-in sessions with team to revise Programs Handbooks.
· Set up/Conduct program procedures trainings, self-training guides, and reminder systems.
· Develop Information Management Systems for the Experience Association certification.
· Coordinate monitoring feedback system & feedback documentation
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, Business Administration or other relevant field. Post-graduate qualification will be an added advantage.
· At least three to four years of professional working experience in a fast paced diverse environment
· Previous experience in training & coaching, working with the youth and entrepreneurship skills.
· Fits our Five Cultural Tenets i.e. We Put Youth First, We Are Always Learning, We Only Solve a Problem Once, We Are Flexible and We Exceed Expectations.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send and updated resume, a cover letter describing yourself, and a list of references to email@example.com Please include “Program Manager - East & North – theugandanjobline.com website - Your Name" in the subject line.
Deadline: 21st October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline