Organization: International Justice Mission (IJM)
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
The International Justice Mission is a global organization that protects the poor from violence throughout the developing world. International Justice Mission partners with local authorities to rescue victims of violence, bring criminals to justice, restore survivors, and strengthen justice systems. The International Justice Mission (IJM) Uganda is working to eliminate property grabbing in Uganda by bringing rescue and restoration to individual victims, accountability to their perpetrators, and transformation to the public justice system as a whole.
Job Summary: The Information Technology Field Office Internship - June 2017 will assist in making the office more effective and efficient in terms of technology and technological advancement.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Information Technology Intern will be troubleshooting printers, office phones, projectors, security cameras and other office technology;
· Providing trainings on OneDrive, Outlook, CTMS, Slack and other programs;
· Configuring software for onboarding and off-boarding for employees;
· Coming up with creative solutions to problems as there are limited resources available;
· Other departmental support as needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Information Technology Field Office Internship should hold a Bachelor’ s degree is required for all internships and fellowships except any Washington, DC Internships (Bachelor's degree must be in progress for DC Internships and applicants need to have completed at least two years of undergraduate study);
· Prior experience in Information Technology;
· Professional behavior and communication, both written and oral;
· Organizational and administrative skills;
· Keen attention to detail;
· Flexibility to work in ever-changing environments;
· Knowledge of Microsoft software and Windows strongly preferred; and
Note: Interns and Fellows are required to attend an Orientation Week in Washington, D.C. before deploying
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should upload the following items compiled into one document: (Please note, applications missing one or more of these items will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.)
· Cover Letter describing your interest in an IJM Internship or Fellowship
· Statement of Faith (if not addressed in cover letter)
NB: When you apply, you will be asked to provide the names and contact information for two references; one Work or Academic Reference and one Spiritual Reference. Please note that if we move forward with your application, we may be contacting them for further information about your candidacy.
Deadline: 31st December, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline