Job Title: Manager Road Maintenance
Organisation: Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head Road Maintenance
The Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA) was established by an Act of Parliament; The Uganda National Authority Act, No. 15 of 2006. UNRA became operational on 1st July 2008. The mandate of UNRA is to develop and maintain the national roads network, advise Government on general roads policy and contribute to addressing of transport concerns, among others.
Job Summary: The Manager Road Maintenance will oversee the maintenance of road projects. This will involve the supervision of the projects, ensuring timely acquisition of right of way, ensuring environmental and social safeguards are complied with, timely progress reporting and preparation of closure report detailing assets to be handed over including as built drawings. The Manager will also participate in defining specifications for bidding documents of road projects and accountability of the resources including human, financial, property and equipment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and implement operational strategies and plans for managing the road maintenance projects in line with statutory performance agreement, and with the UNRA strategy;
· The jobholder will prepare and implement work plan schedules for allocated project(s) in line with approved Project Implementation Plan, set standards, specifications and best practice and the UNRA strategic plan;
· The Manager Road Maintenance will implement and monitor the maintenance projects in the directorate in line with contractual provisions;
· Carry out performance assessment and rating of contractors and consultants in line with contract management guidelines;
· Develop and implement a system of managing risks on maintenance of road projects and develop risk mitigation measures;
· Manage road maintenance contracts in accordance with Contract Administration Manual (CAM);
· Monitor physical, financial and time progress of project(s)
· Manage in line with contract financing agreements;
· Carry out quality and cost management of road maintenance works in line with set standards, specifications, best practice and set contract management guidelines;
· Respond to audit reports and implement agreed recommendations within specified time frames;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the UNRA Manager Road Maintenance career placement should hold an Honors Degree in Civil Engineering, Highway Engineering or; A Higher Diploma in Civil Engineering, Highway Engineering from a recognized institution with a Master’s Degree in a relevant field;
· For those with a Bachelor’s Degree, a Master’s Degree in a related field and other post graduate qualifications in Civil Engineering, Highway Engineering or other relevant field will be an added advantage;
· Registration with the Engineers Registration Board (ERB) or its equivalent in the Commonwealth is a must;
· At least five years’ experience in roads and bridges rehabilitation.
· Computer literacy skills
· Significant experience in Project Management/ contract management of major construction works
· Demonstrated working experience in managing diverse professionals.
· High level of integrity.
· Excellent track record of outstanding performance
· Ability to work as part of a team and to develop subordinates.
· Excellent interpersonal, particularly staff/management relations
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to manage/supervise multi skilled teams and deliver accurate results in a timely manner and in an environment with multiple and challenging tasks.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications online at the link below. Please follow the instructions at the link below.
Deadline: 14th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline