Job Title: Logistics Officer
Organisation: American Refugee Committee (ARC) International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The American Refugee Committee (ARC) International is an International nonprofit, nonsectarian organization that provides humanitarian assistance and training to millions of beneficiaries around the world. The ARC seeks to promote peaceful and safe communities where men and women have equal rights and communities can access locally owned, high-quality services.
Job Summary: The Logistics Officer is responsible for all logistics activities in fleet management, Procurement and Assets management. The Logistics officer will be based at the Country Office in Kampala with regular support to field offices.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the American Refugee Committee (ARC) Logistics Officer job placement should hold a University degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Management or similar degree.
· A minimum of five years’ experience working in the field of Logistics and Operations in an International relief organization.
· Knowledge of standard INGO and Donor procurement procedures and practices.
· Excellent writing and communication skills, including proven report writing skills.
· Hands-on experience in strategic procurement and the management of contractual relationships and performance outcomes including the tender processes.
· Previous exposure and experience working with a diverse staff and confronting challenging field situations.
· Able to multi-task and work under pressure.
· High level of Computer literacy and knowledge of software programs: Excel, Access, and similar packages.
· Good experience in driving with a valid permit.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send an application letter, updated CV & copies of academic documents via email only to UGjobs@arcrelief.org addressed to The Human Resources Manager American Refugee Committee International Kampala.
Deadline: 7th October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline