Job Title: Human Resources/Admin Officer
Organisation: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
Job Summary: The Human Resources/Admin Officer will be charge with HR and Admin management by implementing the HR/Admin policies and plans at the Yumbe office and in addressing the day to day issues that arise in respect to Human Resources matters.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure provision of, awareness and practical advice to all staff on the NRC HR policies and procedures, and their adherence to them
· Organise and participate in staff recruitment throughout the process of vacancy identification, advertisement, candidate selection, contracting, induction and orientation in liaison with line managers
· Responsible for the orientation of new staff, and the sourcing of all staff training programs
· Provide support to staff, guide on and monitor the performance management system in the area office
· Coordinate clearance of staff separating from the organization including exit interviews and final dues payments
· Ensure maintenance of an effective, efficient and up to date staff records and filing system including contracts, leave, medical, awards, discipline, archiving, etc
· The incumbent will maintain and keep track of leave records and balances of all national staff.
· Support in the development of JD’s for the area office in line with the generic JD’s ensuring standardization and compliance with organizational structure.
· Ensure on time processing of the monthly payroll
· In consultation with the Head of Office, provide technical input and be the focal point in addressing employee relations issues including staff grievances, disciplinary measures, etc, etc.
· Plan and advise on the staff performance management system calendar and content
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Human Resources/Admin Officer job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology, Business Administration OR related field
· At least three years’ experience from working with HR/administration in a humanitarian context
· Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
· Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
· Knowledge about own skills/profile
· Working with people
· Good planning skills
· Communicating with impact and respect
· Handling insecure environments
· All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified Ugandan candidates who wish to join one of the world’s leading relief organisations, Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) should apply by visiting the web link below.
Deadline: 17th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline