Job Title: Cook/Caterer
Organisation: Kampala Hospital
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Chef
Kampala Hospital is a privately owned hospital that was established in 2007. Our mandate was and is to bring non-existent services to the countries that were often sought by many people who frequently moved abroad to seek quality medical care.
Job Summary: The Cook/Caterer will promote and enhance customer services in the company to maximize customer satisfaction for existing and prospective clients of the company by preparing and cooking large quantities of food for the hospital.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide timely catering services to patients and staff whilst following directions and working with minimal supervision.
· Be part of the day-to-day catering arrangements with the rest of the catering staff to ensure timely and professional catering services are provided
· Help prepare and serve meals to staff and patients on all wards.
· In charge of the preparation of Breakfast, Lunch, Evening tea and Dinner
· Take orders from the wards as the rota requires.
· Ensure the kitchen area is kept hygienic, presentable and attractive; Help clear all dirty dishes and cutlery.
· Maintain a smart and professional dress code.
· Maintain friendly and helpful communication with clients and staff members
· Ensure a safe working environment
· Monitor menus and spending in order to ensure that meals are prepared economically.
· Plan menus that are varied, nutritionally balanced, and appetizing, taking advantage of foods in season and local availability.
· Take inventory of supplies and equipment.
· Wash pots, pans, dishes, utensils, and other cooking equipment.
· Cook foodstuffs according to menus, special dietary or nutritional restrictions, and numbers of portions to be served.
· Clean and inspect galley equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas in order to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
· Requisition food supplies, kitchen equipment, and appliances, based on estimates of future needs.
· Apportion and serve food to patients, clients, employees.
· Perform any other duties that may be assigned to you
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a Diploma/ Certificate in Hotel Management or any related fields (Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards is essential)
· At least three years’ experience preferably in a hospital environment.
· Fluency in English
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should send an application letter, an updated CV that provides details of the applicant’s specific qualification (copies of their “Academic Transcripts”) and in addition MUST include details of present position, current remuneration and contacts of three professional referees. Send your application using courier, hand delivery or e-mail to the following address: email@example.com.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Kindly indicate the post title in the subject line when applying by email.
Deadline: 7th October 2016 by 5PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline