Job Title: Head of Subject (2 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Law Development Centre (LDC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Department
The LDC has a mandate to provide legal education to lawyers and non-lawyers, undertake research in topical legal issues, contribute to legal reform, produce legal publications, teaching materials, law reports and also provide community legal services.
Job Summary: The Head of Subject will plan and coordinate the development of teaching materials for an assigned subject. The incumbent will also plan and coordinate the delivery of lectures to students. He / she will also set examinations and assess students’ performance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the head of department in timetabling and allocating subjects to Lecturers planning and coordinating departmental activities.
- Develop, review and update teaching materials for the assigned subject.
- Actively participate in the development, review and update of curricula.
- Plan and coordinate teaching during the week the assigned subject is being taught.
- Teach, set and mark examinations in accordance with the syllabus.
- Preside over moots and firm discussions and other related activities.
- Set, moderate, invigilate and mark examinations and progressive assessments for the assigned subjects.
- Mentor and supervise students on clerkship and internship.
- Prepare and submit weekly performance reports for Lecturers
- Coordinate and submit weekly students’ assessments.
- Counsel, mentor, and be available for consultations by students.
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Head of department.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold an LLB (Hons) degree from a recognized university. Possession of a Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre.
- LLM from a recognized university is an added advantage.
- He / she should be an enrolled member of the Uganda Bar.
- A minimum of eight years’ experience in private or public legal practice, or teaching law in a recognized Institution of Higher Learning.
- Training in Pedagogy is an added advantage.
- Broad knowledge of coordinating academic programs.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Good presentation skills.
- Computer literacy skills
- Impeccable level of integrity.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications addressed to The Secretary, Law Development Center, P.O. Box 7117 Kampala either via post or hand delivery to the Law Development Centre Reception. The applicants should attach up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, Certified copies of academic and other relevant documents and indicate names and contacts of three (3) referees, two professional and one character.
Deadline: 14th October, 2016 by 5.00pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline