Job Title: Head of Internal Audit
Organisation: ASA Microfinance (Uganda) Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Group Internal Auditor (GIA), ASA International
ASA Limited is an affiliate of ASA international Holding which is registered in Mauritius (”ASA International”). ASA International is a holding company that owns and operates microfinance institutions in different countries in Africa & Asia. The company currently has 43 (forty three) branches in Kampala, Wakiso, Mukono, Jinja, Iganga, Mityana, Rakai, Bugiri, Masaka, Pallisa, Tororo, Mbale, Lyantonde, Lukaya, Mbarara , Kumi, Ntungamo, Bushenyi and Luwero districts. The major objective of ASA Microfinance (Uganda) Limited is to offer affordable, flexible and need-responsive micro-finance products and services to the economically active poor people in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Head of Internal Audit will be responsible for rendering an independent, objective evaluation of effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes of the Microfinance Company and to recommend for improvements where necessary. As Head of the Department, he/ she is directly reports to GIA &Audit and Risk Committee of the Board of Directors of the entity, is expected to make substantial contributions to the strategy and leadership of the organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· In charge of managing or conducting performance, operational, financial, IT and compliance audit assignments in the organization with emphasis on a risk-based approach designed to assist management in the attainment of their objectives.
· Prepare own entities internal audit plan in line with holding plan & submit to the GIA monthly.
· Preparation of summary report for all the branches audited in the month &to be sent to GIA.
· Identification of any risk areas and communicate to GIA in the report.
· Provision of consulting services to the management and staff.
· In charge of the development of the Internal Audit department, including hiring, training and supervision to internal audit staff.
· S/he maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards and ensures internal audit activities are carried out in compliance with The IIA’s standards.
· Perform any other task as assigned by the authority.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Auditing/ financial management in addition of the Bachelor degree and a Full Certification of ACCA/CPA level is preferable.
· A minimum of two years of increasingly responsible experience in similar job positions
· Age: Below 35 years.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send a copy of their updated CVs with a cover letter (attached as one document) indicating three referees, two of whom should have been direct supervisors to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 31st October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline