Job Title: Head of Business Banking
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Consumer Banking
DFCU bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Job Summary: The Head of Business Banking will develop and implement the business banking strategy in order to enhance profitability, prudent growth, development and overall drive of the business banking stream.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and implement the business banking strategy including customer value propositions and increase business banking market share.
· Formulate, drive, measure and manage the implementation of a sales performance strategy for Business Banking across all segments to grow new business and wallet share of existing customers.
· Grow portfolio and revenues through liabilities and credit facilities.
· Set sales and service targets across all business banking segments i.e Commercial, Enterprise and Micro.
· Prepare financial budgets/ forecasts in line with strategic objectives, business/operational risk, socio-political and economic market forces.
· Implement and control the pricing tactics and parameters for business banking in line with pricing policy and financial targets.
· Report on overall business banking performance against targets, sales, service, financial performance, compliance, credit, risk etc.
· Measure, track and manage sales targets and budgets for the Business Banking unit.
· Review segmentation regularly to ensure that portfolios are appropriately managed and accounts are migrated where appropriate.
· Manage the balance between number of accounts and portfolio profitability.
· Provide input into the establishment, execution and control of customer complaint resolution procedures in the Bank.
· Develop and build a team with a strong service culture.
· Develop and build a strong that will deliver results.
· Build and maintain a working relationship between Credit and Business Banking to stimulate business growth without compromising risk and the quality of lending.
· Coach and train the team to enhance credit appraisal skills and improve the quality of advances being agreed and thereby contribute to the achievement of set NPA targets.
· Manage the portfolio through credit monitoring, risk and compliance management within agreed parameters to ensure that PAR and NPAs are kept within the acceptable levels.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the DFCU Bank Head of Business Banking job placement should hold a degree in Commerce, Marketing, Business Administration or a related field. An MBA is an advantage.
· A minimum of six years’ broad experience in providing financial services in a leading organization of which at least 4 should have been in a managerial position.
· Relevant business related tertiary qualification is a pre-requisite.
· A seasoned knowledge of the terms and conditions of multiple legal entities/company structures operating in the commercial market and the legislative restrictions & requirements governing these.
· A good knowledge of the Companies Act and local financial legislative requirements.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of SME Banking segment and structuring of credit facilities.
· Advanced product knowledge including specialized products and financial structures.
· Thorough knowledge and understanding of all Business Banking and bank products/ service offerings.
· A good knowledge of Business Banking transactional administration processes and procedures.
· Proven experience in business development and customer relationship management.
· Strong team leadership and development skills.
· Strong change Management skills and an understanding of change management models.
· Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Financial Acumen, i.e. Financial Modelling capability, activity based costing, Financial analysis (evaluating and identifying trends), Complex cash flow cycles (industry/ sector specific)
· A conceptual understanding of business economics and the current business economic environment.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of different industry sectors and sector risk profiles/ trends
· Advanced knowledge of Managing Local Market (MLM) Sales principles and practices to optimize retention and growth within the unit.
· Strategic planning models, principles and practices, including market segmentation models/ theory.
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to join the banking sector in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: Vacanciesbank@dfcugroup.com
Deadline: 3rd November 2016
NB: Therefore, if you do not hear from us by 5th December 2016, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline