Organisation: People Performance Group (PPG) – Insurance Company (AON)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
People Performance Group is a leading human resource consultancy firm which provides expert advice in outsourcing and manpower services, facility and fleet management, recruitment processes, salary surveys, payroll services and staff development e.g. in team building, training, board assessment, performance management and other Human resource procedures. They would like to recruit for a valuable client, an insurance brokering company in Uganda dealing in general insurance, life, pension and medical schemes.
Job Summary: The Employee Benefits Manager (Medical Insurance/Administration) will plan, direct, lead or coordinate the activities of the department. The incumbent manages a portfolio of client accounts. The jobholder also oversees the team performance on all aspects/operations of the department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
· Works on or leads projects as well as building expertise.
· Responsible for delivering on the agreed plan for the Employee benefits department in line with the Aon Uganda strategy
· Responsible for leading, developing and improving the day to day client relationship for clients within the department
· Responsible for a portfolio of client accounts and manages and co-ordinates all related activities including building a “client profile” of risks and needs analysis
· Structures an insurance programme to meet these needs including producing client documentation, leading or contributing to renewal meetings and leading or contributing to fee negotiation
· Take lead of the tender processes (where applicable) within the area of specialty
· Responsible for maintaining and improving client satisfaction, retention, revenue and profitability including fee negotiation
· Responsible for analyzing and interpreting the markets/ relevant industries for competitive advantage and emerging opportunities
· Responsible for compliant dealings with clients
· Upholds development of new business either with existing or new clients – spots opportunities for increasing revenue and follows up appropriately
· In addition, the incumbent will co-ordinate teams of Client Account Handlers, senior Account handlers and Managers to ensure client service standards and department/company objectives are achieved.
· Responsible for managing financials for a portfolio of clients and/ or for area of specialty
· Responsible for all technical advice and/ or related training within the area of specialty
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must be a Doctor or Medical Practitioner with a demonstrable track record in the healthcare sector in Uganda
· Broad knowledge and understanding of applicable legislative environment that governs the Insurance and healthcare industry
· Be in a possession of a Bachelor’s degree (preferably medicine, pharmacy )
· Have an insurance related tertiary qualification
· The applicant must be registered with the Medical Board or equivalent
· Any business related qualification (Management/leadership, strategy, sales etc)
· At least three to five years of relevant experience in a similar role (preferably as medical practitioner or equivalent within the healthcare sector).
· Experienced professional who possess a full understanding of Medical Insurance/Healthcare Industry as well as an understanding of business strategies to translate direction into tactical plans.
· Previous experience in budgets, forecasts and financial planning
· Broad knowledge of insurance underwriting and claims administration / management –specifically in the medical Insurance sector.
· Have a high work ethic and must have the ability to function effectively under pressure
· Be a team player, have the ability to build good relationships, support and actively participate in, and contribute to any team initiatives
· Highly dependable and respect confidentiality
· Can confidently articulate proposition and how it differentiates and benefit clients
· Possesses advanced analytical, technical and problem-solving skills and abilities
· Proven ability to work independently, cope with high volumes of work and perform under pressure
· Be efficient and produce accurate work
· Good planning, organizational and interpersonal skills
· Computer literacy skills with experience in MS Word, Excel & Power point
· Ability to communicate effectively
· Very good knowledge of Policy wordings (Medical Insurance)
· Applies professional principles and business judgment to solve unique problems or to develop new procedures, process and products.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs and cover letters to the address below with the subject line “Employee Benefits Manager (Medical Insurance/Administration).” Attachments must not fill more than 2 MB.
People Performance Group,
Plot 8 Kitante Close,
P.O. Box 12405 Kampala. Uganda
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 28th October, 2016 by 5.00 p.m.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline