Job Title: Education Coordinator
Organization: Fields of Life Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Programs Manager
Fields of Life Uganda is a charitable organization that has been operating in Uganda since 1993. FOL-Uganda services are delivered through a community and faith based intervention model. We envision a society where vulnerable and marginalized people’s lives are changed, their communities transformed and their hope built through our faith-based approach to development work.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Education Coordinator will be in charge of planning and developing education training programs based on Uganda’s academic and vocational curriculum;
· Manage the activities of the quality education programs; determines formats and approaches to achieve program and budget objectives, assists with grant or proposal writing as appropriate to the objectives and funding nature of the program in line with the organization values and guidelines, monitor and ensure that the regional assessors implement the FOL 6 standards of excellence, build capacity of stakeholders.
· Work closely with the Ministry of Education and Sports and with district education officers to ensure that the education department staff are conversant with the MoES policies and guidelines.
· Managing and appraising education department staff on their individual work plans and targets.
· Quality and timely reporting
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Education Coordinator career opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education from an accredited institution. Possession of a post graduate qualification in Education will be an added advantage.
· A minimum of three years’ experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
· Professional training and or experience in development programming
· Teaching experience in the local context.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their updated CVs and cover letters with three work-related referees to the address or email below:
People Performance Group,
Plot 8 Kitante Close, Kitante,
P.O. Box 12405, Kampala, Uganda.
E-mail to: email@example.com
NB: Please indicate the position applied for in the subject line.
Deadline: 28th October, 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline