Job Title: Programme Support Officer
Organisation: Concern Worldwide
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Concern Worldwide is an international non-governmental, humanitarian organisation dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world's poorest countries. Our mission is to help people living in extreme poverty achieve major improvements in their lives which last and spread without on-going support from Concern.
Job Summary: The Programme Support Officer will support the programme primarily in the following areas: report writing, learning paper, supporting effective M&E systems and M&E activities in the programmes, write-ups of case studies and other relevant documentation for internal and external communications, supporting advocacy initiatives, knowledge management through overseeing electronic and hardcopy filing and archiving.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting & Documentation:
· Update and oversee the Uganda Annual Reporting Template which includes HQ reports (annual, monthly, HAP); Donor reports and Government of Uganda reports (annual returns and district reports)
· Work on various donor reports ensuring timely submission of good quality reports
· Work in close collaboration with PD and programmes personnel identify case studies that tell the story of our programmes and document in various media – written case studies, video, photographs and in formats appropriate to various audiences. e.g. donors, HQ education, intranet and publicity, advocacy targets etc
· Edit the annual report for circulation to peer organisations, government etc
· Provide support on reporting, documentation as requested by the PD and CD
Monitoring and Evaluation:
· Support the PD in ensuring that Concern Uganda has an effective monitoring and evaluation system in line with Concern Worldwide policies and donor requirements.
· Support PMs in developing M&E plans for their programmes and supporting them in M&E activities.
· Concern Uganda uses Digital Data Gathering Devices for surveys and information collection purposes. The PSO will have a key role in supporting programme teams in the use of data gathering devices and analysis of information.
· Offer support in strengthening M&E through training staff in participatory monitoring tools and supporting monitoring events.
· Support Programmes’ staff in the compilation & analysis of information for M&E and learning purposes
· Assist PMs in reviewing partners M&E practices and building partners M&E capacity as appropriate
· Assist the programmes team in developing and rolling out the advocacy strategy for Concern Uganda.
· In charge of the preparation of information and analysis to support advocacy initiatives
· Assist in communications relating to advocacy initiatives.
Knowledge Management & Archiving:
· Review and update the filing MAPon Kampala Programmes Folder and administer Shared Programmes Folder
· Administer the Filing of core documents (hard and soft)
· Support managers establish filing systems in each programme location
· Using CWW archiving guidelines lead on document archiving and disposal in collaboration with the Internal Auditor Uganda
· Work in liaison with the Desk Officer Dublin to ensure the Uganda country site is up to date
· Assist in the roll-out of Concern Uganda programmes operational management procedures which include annual Detailed Implementation Plans (DIPs), programme quarterly reviews, procurement plans, monthly report templates etc.
· Participate in country programmes meeting and assist in minute taking, writing up of annual country programme plan etc.
Other: Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Country Director
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should hold third level qualification in Development Studies or a related Social Sciences field
· Excellent analytical skills
· Good English writing skills with the ability to write reports and communication pieces to international donor standards.
· Excellent IT skills with qualification or high level of competence in computer applications in MS Office.
· Previous experience in working with data for analysis and communication purposes.
· Prior experience working in a similar role is desired
· Previous exposure and experience in communicating to a wide audience using a range of media is an added advantage
· Self-motivated, highly organised and proactive.
· Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity.
· Empathy with Concern’s goals and a commitment to capacity building, protection and participation.
· Good monitoring and evaluation skills.
· Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
· Flexible and adaptable to a changing environment.
· Ability to work under pressure often to strict deadlines.
· Patience and a good sense of humour
· Willingness and ability to spend at least 50% of time in field locations primarily Karamoja.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications online by clicking on the link below.
Deadline: 16th November 2016