Job Title: Field Technicians (2 Fresher Diploma Jobs)
Duty Station: Kampala and Jinja, Uganda
Tugende is a for-profit social enterprise that helps motorcycle taxi drivers in Uganda own their own motorcycles via a fair, transparent lease model instead of renting indefinitely. Ownership significantly increases income, job security and road safety. Tugende offers hire purchase arrangements of new motorcycles to recommended riders.
Job Summary: The Field Technicians will provide services that improve customer satisfaction, maximize customer retention and increase profitability, through repairing and maintaining company assets in good working conditions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all repairs, maintenance and testing of company motorcycle before disbursement, and ensure that all assets are in good working condition
- Offer timely technical and maintenance services and customer support during field visits or dispatches of motorcycles
- Document and share the status of company assets with relevant members of the security and operations team
- Prepare and submit timely and detailed service reports
- Make recommendations related to security and company assets to relevant members of the security and operations team based on fieldwork discoveries
- Document processes involved in work, including installation, repair and maintenance.
- Carry out any other duties, such as impounding activities, office maintenance and coordinating clients, as needed.
- Build positive relationships with customers
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Field Technician jobs must hold diplomas, ideally in engineering field.
- The ideal candidate must hold values similar to our own Integrity, Empathy, Teamwork, Solutions-Oriented and Always growing.
- Possess superb service and technical skills and ability to diagnose and determine the best technical solutions from nontechnical descriptions.
- Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of mobile tools and applications
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Be aware of health and safety issues related to motorcycle use, including electrical, mechanical and chemical risks
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent customer service skills to deal sensitively with customers
- Ability to work quickly under pressure without supervision
- Be able to understand technical diagrams and manuals
- Hold a valid and current driving licence
- Capable of operating a motorcycle in a safe manner
- Applicants have the opportunity to be promoted to: Senior Field Technician
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications which should include an application letter and an up-to-date detailed CV with three professional referees and academic credentials addressed to the:
Human Resources Department,
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Your name and the position you are applying for should be indicated in the subject of your email. The applications MUST NOT EXCEED 2MB.
Deadline: Friday 7th October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline