Job Title: Supply Associate
Organisation: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Position No.: 10026400
Vacancy Notice: 021/2016
Duty Station: Arua, Uganda
Post Grade: GL6
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
Job Summary: The Supply Associate will manage and support all activities pertaining to the supply chain function including planning, sourcing, transport shipping, customs clearance and warehousing management in the operation. The incumbent will be supervised by the Associate Supply Officer who defines general work objectives and provides necessary advice and guidance. The incumbent may supervise some staff in the office. The jobholder maintains regular contact on a working level on routine issues with other UNHCR offices, UN agencies, NGOs, government partners and commercial contractors in the area to facilitate the operation. The duty of the incumbent is to support and monitor the management of material resources within the geographical area covered by the office while exercising efficiency in the use of those resources.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare plans for delivery of relief items according to operational needs.
- The jobholder will apply UNHCR’s procurement strategy when planning for purchase of important commodities and services. Operational Support -Ensure timely customs clearance of consignments.
- The incumbent will also manage storage of goods according to "best practices" and UNHCR rules and regulations; maintain an efficient system for the release, distribution and redeployment of goods.
- Coordinate transportation and distribution of relief items.
- Coordinate activities of implementing partners and/or contractors performing supply related activities, and ensure that they understand and adhere to relevant UNHCR rules and procedures.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records on logistical activities and provide timely reports and updates both periodically and on request.
- Evaluate purchase requisitions to ensure that specifications, delivery dates and all other requirements are in order.
- The Supply Associate will also draft and dispatch quotation requests and/or tenders, and assist in the evaluation of offers and draft bid-tabulations, prepare proposals for award of contracts to the Committee on Contracts.
- Prepare Purchase Orders and send confirmations, requests for inspection and other correspondence, and monitor the manufacture/transport of ordered goods to ensure timely delivery.
- Provide guidance and advice on UNHCR procurement policies and procedures to support and assist requesting sections.
- Implement effective asset and fleet management that regularly monitors the asset/fleet pool, saves cost and safeguards the investment of the organisation including receipt, inspection, registration & marking of new Property, Plant and Equipment (PPE), organisation of the physical verification of PPE, ensure that PPE agreements are properly issued and signed, and preparation of disposal forms and cases for the Asset Management Board, and organise the disposal of PPE according to Asset Management Board decisions.
- Provide asset management reports, customised reports, and gathers information on all assets and provides in-depth reports periodically and when requested.
- Regularly monitor the quality and accuracy of supply chain related data in relevant business systems.
- Compile and analyse statistical information, identify trends and developments in supply chain related matters that will assist in decision making.
- Disseminate and promote UNHCR’s global policies, standards and guidance on supply chain management.
- Perform any other responsibility deemed necessary or as delegated by the Supervisor in order to meet the level of service required by the organisation.
Key Performance Indicators:
- UNHCR delivers timely and quality goods and services to persons of concern in compliance with supply chain rules and procedures.
- Local liaison with partners effectively supports supply activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UNHCR Supply Associate job placement should have completed Secondary School Education with post-secondary training/certificate in Trade, Business Administration, Economics, Marketing or a related field
- At least six years of previous relevant professional job experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in English, Madi, Aringa, Lugbara and Swahili
How to Apply:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 24th September, 2016