Job Title: Relationship Manager
Organization: Housing Finance Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Manager - Business Banking
Housing Finance Bank was incorporated as a private company under the Companies Act in December 1967, the Bank has become a household name and has grown in leaps and bounds with a good track record among the pioneers of a mortgage lending. National Housing & Construction Corporation, a parastatal involved in real estate business has 5% shareholding and National Social Security Fund (NSSF) holds 50% and the Government of Uganda holds 45%. Today, the bank looks back with pride on the business accomplished in the mortgage lending business. Through innovation and placing emphasis on Honesty, Integrity, Efficiency and Customer care, Housing Finance Bank is the leader in the mortgage, holding a 90% market share.
Job Summary: The Relationship Manager will provide responsive and effective banking services to customers to ensure growth of all the bank’s products in line with set targets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will grow deposit level of customers within the Institutional and SME target markets in the assigned portfolio as a way of growing share wallet
· Provide market intelligence into the products development process so as to develop relevant products for the bank’s chosen market segments.
· Initiate and present credit applications for new and existing customers in line with credit policies and procedures
· Regularly monitor and evaluate performance of loans in line with disbursement terms and conditions
· Work closely with credit to initiate recovery actions for loans in default and written off loans in line with the credit policy guidelines and procedures
· Mobilize and sensitize customers about bank products in line with the branch work plan
· Carry-out effective relationship management through regular visits .timely feedback to customers and continuous anticipation of their needs with the aim to exceed their expectations
· Effectively manage customer relationships to ensure that delinquency in assets portfolio is kept within acceptable limits
· Drive the selling of bank products in order to grow assets and liabilities and revenues in accordance with established targets
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the Senior Manager - Business Banking
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Housing Finance Bank Relationship Manager career opportunity must hold an honours degree in business administration, commerce, economics or any other related field from a recognized university.
· Possession of Post-graduate qualifications / Professional Course in relevant field would be an added advantage.
· At least five years progressive experience in with an established and demonstrable track record in the field of relationship management in a Commercial Bank.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of the Financial Services Industry and knowledge of various bank products.
· Ability to structure Trade finance and leasing solutions for business customers
· Awareness of Risks in the banking industry
· Customer centricity
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· High degree of integrity and confidentiality
· Positivity and flexibility towards change
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the Banking sector are invited to send their applications including an updated CV, certified copies of all academic transcripts, certificates and testimonials, daytime telephone contact, and email address of both applicant, and three competent referees addressed to:
Head Human Resources, Housing Finance Bank, Plot 4 Wampewo Avenue, P. O. Box 1539, Kampala. Uganda.
NB: Only successful candidates will be contacted. All applicants who will not have heard from us within five weeks of closing date should consider their application unsuccessful.
Deadline: 21st September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline