Job Title: Programme Officer
Organisation: Restless Development
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Assistant Programme Coordinator
Salary: UGX 14,258,585 gross Annual
Restless Development is an international non-profit organization which is embarking on becoming the global banner carrier for youth-led development; demonstrating at the grassroots and policy levels that young people can and must play a lead role in development. Over the past five years, Restless Development has more than tripled the size of its budgets and programmes, and has been repeatedly cited as a model of best practice in youth-led development by the World Bank, DFID, UNICEF and others.
Job Summary: The Programme Officer will manage an exciting Youth Sexual Reproductive Health Programme in Karamoja. Working with Assistant Programme Coordinator, the Programme Officer will be fully responsible for the on-ground programme preparations, implementation including monitoring and evaluation. This officer will support the community peer educators.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Programme Implementation, Management & Monitoring: 25%
· Take lead in the direct implementation of the project by managing volunteers outputs through monthly work plans
· Ensure that all volunteer M & E forms are collected and delivered on a timely basis
· Carry out support and supervision to monitor volunteer activities
· Secure programme support materials through partner organisations
· Ensure monitoring, evaluation and reporting procedures from volunteers are in line with Restless Development policies and systems
Programme Preparation: 20%
· Assist the Assistant Coordinator in the effective preparation of the programme by supporting the programme planning processes
· Support in the recruitment, selection and training of volunteers
· Take a lead role in community and sub-county sensitisation
· Support the programme coordinator in ensuring MOUs with schools, sub counties and health centres are in place
· Carry out risk and security assessment
Support to Partnerships: 15%
· Ensure that key staff at the Sub-County Offices understand Restless Development programme and that we are leveraging partnerships for effective programme delivery and sustainability
· Support the Coordinator and volunteers in building relationships at sub-county levels through leading regular coordination
· Identify opportunities for joint activities with sub county government staff and other CSOs
· Prepare and submit quarterly reports to the sub-county and partner organizations
Line manage and build the capacity of volunteers: 15%
· Support and supervise the outputs of the volunteers through performance management processes in line with Restless Development standards
· Hold regular minuted line management meetings (at least fortnightly) with volunteers with clear action points for follow up during support and supervision visits
· Build supportive relationship with volunteers where genuine challenges are raised and discussed openly, and communicated to Programme Coordinator
· Identify capacity-building needs in for the volunteers and design appropriate measures to address them
Financial Planning & Management: 10%
· Support the volunteers in managing field based activities finances
· Participate in annual programme budgets planning
· Ensure volunteers adhere to Restless Development Uganda financial policies
· Ensure all funds are accounted for with proper documentation
· Ensure volunteers provide accurate narrative reports of funds spent to allow prompt reporting
· Other duties as required.
· Occasionally working on weekends and holidays for which time off in lieu can be taken
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Restless Development Programme Officer job must possess a Diploma or Degree in relevant field of study (SRH, education, working with young people)
· At least one year experience in relevant field (sexual and reproductive health, sustainable agriculture, education and/or working with young people)
· Previous exposure and experience in training and programme management
· Excellent IT, written and verbal communication skills
· Fluency in written and spoken English
· Broad knowledge and understanding of contemporary development issues particularly those related to young people in the field of HIV/AIDS, health and livelihoods
· A strong personal commitment to the values, aims and methods of Restless Development
· Ability to analyse problems and make sound operational decisions
· Previous experience working in Karamoja is desired
· Previous experience in youth reproductive health programmes within an NGO
· Knowledge of relevant national and international strategies and frameworks in the areas of youth empowerment, sexual health, HIV/AIDS, education and poverty issues.
· The individual must be results orientated, highly self-motivated and have demonstrated analytical skills.
· The successful candidate will thrive in a multi-cultural environment as part of a rapidly growing and developing organisation and be personally committed to Restless Development’s mission and values.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send a completed application, form, download here and send it to: email@example.com, stating the vacancy job title as Uganda - Programme Officer.
Deadline: 16th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline