Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Organization: Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: THALAS Project Chief of Party
Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC) is a National Ugandan Organization that was established in 1991 as a Medical Institution and HIV/AIDS Centre of Excellence specializing in Medical Research, Health Care and Training.
Job Summary: The Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist will supervise and oversee the design and daily management of the M&E activities of the THALAS Project, including: maintaining a comprehensive plan for M&E implementation; planning and implementing project data collection, management, and analysis; planning and implementing M&E-related capacity-building activities for the project partners in order to improve M&E-related practices; and overseeing and managing an M&E team to ensure the project's data, reporting, and capacity-building needs are met.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will guide the THALAS team to develop, implement, and revise the project's work plans;
· Develop and employ a systematic approach to data collection that includes a process for data quality assurance, and tested data collection tools
· Offer support supervision to RCEs and the day-to-day work of the M&E staff;
· Work closely with ICT Chief programmer to manage the maintenance of the Project’s database(s) and ensure timely data entry;
· Oversee maintenance of DHIS2 data bases and ensure timely data entry;
· Extract and analyze data from ICEA, NAVISION AND LIMS for reporting
· Compile and analyze data of the project technical areas and support the project technical team in presenting recommendations to donors
· The incumbent will represent the project’s M&E interests at meetings with stakeholders, including government partners, USAID, and other agencies;
· Prepare and submit timely quarterly, semiannual and annual project reports
· Disseminate and or assist the Project staff to disseminate data on project progress and results;
· Perform any other duties as needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Post-graduate degree in public health, statistics or related field
· A minimum of four years’ experience in public health programs.
· At least three years’ experience in M&E of HIV/AIDS related programs.
· Previous exposure and experience supporting public health projects with an HIV and AIDS focus.
· Prior management and supervision experience.
· Previous experience in the design, conduct and analysis of research studies (quantitative and qualitative).
· Ability to work independently and to manage various projects on a daily basis with minimal supervision.
· Ability to work effectively and harmoniously as part of a team with other staff and other stakeholders.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, and diplomatic skills for building and maintaining good relationships with government counterparts and other stakeholders.
· Computer literacy with demonstrated use of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point). Experience using statistical analysis software e.g. SPSS, Epi-Info, STATA
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and supporting documents including copies of academic qualifications and Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating names and contacts of three professional referees should either via post to: Manager Human Resource and Development Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101, Lubowa Hill, Entebbe road P.O. Box 10005, Kampala or via email with all documents combined in one PDF document on email@example.com.
Deadline: Monday, 5th September 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline