Job Title: HR/Administrative Assistant
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary Range: UGX 17,500,000 - 35,000,000 p.a.
Reports to: Head of People & Operations (HoPO)
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Volunteer Management and Support:
· Assist the HoPO in thefacilitation of in country orientation while ensuring that all new arrivals are briefed on Country Office procedures.
· Maintain the country office volunteer manual ensuring that it is reviewed and updated regularly.
· Working with the HoPO, respond pro-actively to all volunteer welfare support matters, including medical needs (in compliance with all policies).
· The HR/Administrative Assistant will maintain volunteers’ files in a confidential manner.
· Support volunteers in smoothly exiting their placement and country in regards to HR processes.
· Prepare for all new arrivals, including production of arrival packs and requisition of funds for facilitating the volunteers during ICO.
· Manage the library ensuring that all items are correctly accounted for returned after use.
· Maintain the volunteer contact information spreadsheet, updating and distributing monthly.
· The jobholder will also ensure that all volunteers receive their mail on a timely basis.
· Ensure that volunteer files are maintained accurately and meet VSO confidentiality requirements.
· Communicate to the volunteers about the progress of their immigration status.
· Ensure the receipt and collection of volunteer passports is properly recorded.
· Ensure volunteer and international staff registration is conducted in accordance with Country employment law, including volunteers work permits and special passes.
· Ensure all volunteer and staff information is handled in a confidential and safe manner.
· Professionally manage the country office reception, ensuring that high levels of customer service are provided to all visitors.
· Be proactively aware of all visitors and make appointments for members of staff, as required.
· Ensure that the telephone and VSO email box are handled promptly and appropriately. Ensure that the reception area is professional, informative, brand compliant and accurately represents VSO Uganda. Ensure that the volunteer/project map and staff structure is always accurate and updated before new volunteers arrive for ICO. Facilitate post sent out by DHL, ensuring accurate records are maintained. Ensure that the reception area is safely and securely locked each evening.
· Accommodation booking for both staff and Volunteers. This will include new arrivals, visiting international staff and field going colleagues
· All Flight Bookings for both staff and Volunteers
· Provide administration support to all members of staff enabling them to fulfil their duties, including photocopying, printing, binding and scanning.
· Provide logistical support for VSO meetings/events, including ICO, employer workshops, etc.
· Maintain the country office hard filing system in a secure and confidential manner.
· Manage the production of VSO letters (well referenced), ensuring that they are promptly dispatched and accurate records maintained.
· Manage the country office float, ensuring that all expenditure is correctly accounted for.
· Provide stationary for all staff members as per their needs, on a weekly basis.
· Support the training of the Admin Intern.
Recruitment & Selection: Assist the Resourcing Specialist in the administration processes in the recruitment and selection of staff members, national volunteers and interns.
· Ensure that all staff understand VSO and Country office procedures.
· Respond pro-actively to all staff welfare support matters, including medical needs.
· Ensure employee files are kept in accordance with the VSO Data Protection and Confidentiality Policy.
· Maintain the country office structure organogram updating the ‘who is who’ document for the team members.
· Coordinate all internal formal communications with staff ensuring that they are brand compliant.
Systems: Ensure staff and volunteer data administration is undertaken to enable accurate, up to date records, including contact details and emergency contacts.
Other - Fulfill other appropriate level accountabilities as defined by the HoPO
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should preferably hold a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources/Administration
· A minimum of three years’ experience in the role.
· Knowledge of local employment and immigration laws.
· Previous experience of using Human Resources information systems and running a range of reports.
· Good experience of administration systems
· Broad knowledge, understanding and commitment to data protection and equality and diversity issues.
· Experience of working with different cultures and backgrounds.
· People Management - Ability to support others. Demonstrable commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
· Good Problem Solving skills
· International Development - Understanding of the role of volunteering in Country.
· Flexibility – Ability to adapt to new situations, with a positive attitude to working in an international organisation. Able to travel occasionally.
· Previous experience working with international. Non-Government Organisations and with Government Officials is desired
· Prior experience of working with volunteers is an added advantage
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the web link below.
Deadline: 17th September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline