Job Title: Instrumentation Technician
Organization: Mukwano Group of Companies
Job Ref: MIUL/AKOF/IT/07/09/2016
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Electrical and Instrumentation Manager
The Mukwano Group of Companies is the leading manufacturer of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) in the Great Lakes region, producing a wide range of market leader brands in soaps, edible cooking oils and fats, detergents, beverages, personal care products and plastics.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Instrumentation Technician will be advising, selecting, and setting up electronic instrumentation and related electro-mechanical and electro hydraulic apparatus used in the group.
· Responsible for translating instrumentation test data to formulate Engineering designs and evaluation decisions
· In charge of scheduling and carrying out periodic preventive/corrective maintenance and calibration of all instrumentation gadgets
· Select and ensure strategic positioning and installation of instrumentation gadgets on all projects and modifications.
· Responsible for developing specifications for non standard instrumentation apparatus according to engineering data, characteristics of equipment under test and capabilities of test apparatus and will advice the engineering team on the quality of instrumentation gadgets required.
· Periodically direct and ensure preventive/corrective maintenance and calibration of all test apparatus and peripheral equipment.
· Make sure that all instrumentation gadgets in plants are functionally operational to effectively support quality and efficiency during production.
· Maintain good housekeeping practices and follow standard operating procedures effectively.
· Perform any other duties assigned by the Electrical and Instrumentation Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Instrumentation Technician job opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, Higher or Ordinary Diploma in Electrical Engineering from recognized institutions.
· At least two years’ experience in the Instrumentation section of a manufacturing set up.
· Strong mechanical aptitude, mathematical and troubleshooting skills
· Should have a positive attitude
· Effective communication skills
· Professional presentation
· High level of integrity and confidentiality
· Demonstrated ability to work extra hours
· Highly self-driven, flexible,
· Highly creative
· High degree of innovation
· Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
· Excellent customer care skills
· Highly flexible to work at on call and be physically and mentally fit, fast and resilient to operational procedures.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with Mukwano Group should send their applications with copies of academic credentials, testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating contact details of three (3) referees should to be sent via post or hand delivered to: The Human Resource Department, Mukwano Group of Companies, P. O. Box 2671, Kampala, Uganda. E-mail applications can also be sent to: email@example.com. Please clearly quote the job reference as subject of your E-mail. Attachments should not exceed 2 MB.
NB: Only successful candidates will be shortlisted and contacted not later than one week after deadline.
Deadline: 21st September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline