Job Title: Hygiene & Sanitation Facilitator
Organisation: Living Water International (LWI)
Duty Station: Uganda
Living Water International (LWI) is a global Non-Governmental organization that exists to demonstrate the love of God by helping communities acquire desperately needed clean water, and to experience "living water"- the gospel of Jesus Christ - which alone satisfies the deepest thirst. Living Water International Uganda (LWIU) was formed in 2009. LWIU is an affiliate of Living Water International based in Houston, Texas, USA that was founded in 1990 and currently works in over 20+ countries across Latin America, the Caribbean, Sub-Saharan Africa, and India. LWI Uganda runs an integrated Water Sanitation Hygiene (WASH) program in South Western Uganda & we partner with other like-minded organsations to provide safe drinking water, Community Mobilisation & Gospel Proclamation, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion to communities across Uganda.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the Hygiene & Sanitation Facilitator job opportunity must hold a University Degree in Public Health, Environmental Health Science, Development Studies or Social Sciences. Possession of a post graduate qualification in Project Design, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) or Project Planning and Management is desired
· At least two years’ experience in development work with an NGO/INGO, with at least one year’s field experience in Health or Water and Sanitation sector.
· Previous experience in planning and implementation of Hygiene and sanitation projects.
· Hands-on experience in application & facilitation of Hygiene and Sanitation promotional approaches like CLTS, Social marketing, CHAST, UMOJA PHAST etc.
· Previous experience in design and delivery of trainings in hygiene and sanitation for communities or schools;
· Prior experience in community mobilisation;
· Ability to work independently and with teams to produce high quality results in a multi-cultural setting.
· Excellent communication skills both written and spoken;
· Computer and ICT skills especially Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email).
· Motor vehicle driving skills will be an added advantage.
· Previous experience in one of the statistical analysis programs: SPSS, STATA, and SAS will be added advantage
· Fluency in the local language i.e. Runyakitara.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants with relevant requirements please submit a one-page application cover letter explaining your interest and how your current position has prepared you for this challenge along with and updated C.V maximum 4 pages only, (no certificates at this stage. Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: HR & Administration Manager.
Deadline: 12th September 2016 by 12:00 Noon
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline