Job Title: Driver
Organisation: Uganda Network of AIDS Service Organizations (UNASO)
Project Name: Prevention of HIV and AIDS in Communities of Karamoja Project (PACK))
Funding Source: Irish Aid
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Admin/Accounts Assistant
Uganda Network of AIDS Service Organizations (UNASO) was established as a membership organization in 1996 to provide a platform for coordination, Advocacy, resource mobilization, capacity building and information sharing among civil society AIDS service organizations (ASOs). With its secretariat in Kampala, UNASO has a membership of over 2,000 AIDS service ionizations involved in HIV& AIDS and Health work. UNASO’s vision is “A Ugandan Society free of HIV and AIDS and its impact"; while her Mission is; “to provide leadership to ASOs for collective response to HIV& AIDS and Health through effective representation, coordination and enhanced capacities.”
About PACK Project:
A Civil Society organizations’ consortium (CSO-C) with support from Irish is implementing a five-year project “Prevention of HIV and AIDS in Communities of Karamoja” (PACK); The consortium comprises of Alliance of Mayors and Municipal Leaders on HIV/AIDS in Africa (AMICAALL), National Forum of People Living with HIV Networks in Uganda (NAFOPHANU), Straight Talk Foundation (STF), The AIDS Support Organization (TASO) and Uganda Network of AIDS Service Organizations (UNASO) was formed in 2015 in order to implement a “Prevention of HIV and AIDS in Communities of Karamoja” (PACK) Program. It’s also to test the feasibility of funding CSOs in responding to the HIV/AIDS epidemic through a grant that is for and is managed by the civil society. In the consortium, AMICAALL will strengthen capacity of municipalities and lower local government and community leaders in Karamoja while STF will provide HIV and AIDS prevention and SRH information targeting adolescents, youth and young women in the region. TASO will carry out community support engagements and NAFOPHANU will build capacity of PLHIV networks in the region and address HIV stigma and discrimination as a key barrier to utilization of services. UNASO will be the Grants Management Unit (GMU) for administering the grants and providing technical and financial management support to the consortium.
Job Summary: The Driver will be responsible for coordination of vehicle staff logistics, adherence of driver to prescribed rules and regulations, ensuring vehicle maintenance schedules are maintained. The overall purpose of this post is to support UNASO operations through vehicle transport in the most efficient and economical way feasible.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will drive staff to and from different places as instructed by the supervisor.
- Ensure safety of self and passengers at all times while on the road
- Ensure proper documentation of all movements and maintain all relevant documentation at all times including log book, road license, insurance, parking licenses as well adherence to polices related to vehicle usage.
- The incumbent will drive UNASO vehicles responsibly in accordance with all the pre-set traffic laws and regulations
- Ensure sound mechanical condition and efficient use of the vehicle which include ensuring that vehicles are well utilized
- Maintain cleanliness of UNASO vehicles
- Responsible for compiling vehicle usage monthly reports and coordination of fuel replenishments for all vehicles
- Responsible for developing weekly transport schedules
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Uganda Advanced certificate of education (UACE)-or its equivalent.
- The applicant must hold a valid professional driver’s license
- A minimum of three years’ experience as a driver in a reputable organization
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials either by post or hand delivery addressed to the:
Uganda Network of AIDS Service Organizations (UNASO),
Plot 190, Kiira Road. Ntinda- Kyambogo Route,
P.O. Box 27346 Kampala, Uganda
Email to: email@example.com
For hand delivery, please deliver to the address above between 8.00am to 4.00pm, Monday to Friday.
NB: Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 7th October, 2016 by 4:00 PM
NB: If you do not hear from us by 28th October, 2016, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline