Job Title: Data Manager
Organization: Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) is a non-profit research organization. IDRC conducts research in infectious diseases including Malaria, HIV and Tuberculosis. Our studies have led to over 150 publications and have impacted on the management of infectious diseases in Uganda. IDRC currently manages over 41 grants with an annual budget of $11 million. IDRC was established in May 2008 by Ugandan health scientists from Makerere University College of health sciences, University of California, San Francisco and the Uganda Ministry of health.
Job Summary: The Data Manager will primarily be responsible for reviewing site data, collating, and uploading it to the server for download for subsequent analyses. The candidate will develop and revise databases for site data collection, as well as designing and implementing systems for real time data entry and transmission from the site to the central office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will design, create, and modify databases in MS Access and/or SQL server
- Develop secure websites to interface with such databases
- Routinely troubleshoot/ identify gaps in the current database/system, and draft a plan for review/correctional measures
- Generate and modify SQL scripts to manipulate and create datasets
- The incumbent will also write and modify Visual Basic programs to interact with SQL Server databases
- Work closely with staff members to investigate and rectify data queries
- Administer SQL Servers (Microsoft SQL Server 2005, and 2008)
- Administer Windows servers with windows Server 2003 and 2008
- Troubleshoot and repair computers and networking problems
- Prepare reports, including automated web reports according to the needs of the project leaders
- Troubleshoot data quality issues o Work closely with relevant staff on data coding problems and assist in developing means for correction
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Data Manager vacancy must hold a Bachelor of Information Technology, Statistics, BSc. Computer Science or any other related Degree. Possession of a Master’s Degree in the relevant field is an added advantage.
- A minimum of three years working experience in a relevant field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Results oriented and able to produce real time data amidst a tight deadline
- Ability to work harmoniously in a Team
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send typed letters of application together with updated CVs, two reference letters from past employers and or immediate supervisors plus copies of academic certificates to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC),
Plot 2C, Nakasero Hill Road next to Uganda Blood Bank.
P. O Box 7475, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 29th September 2016
NB: If you do not hear from us three weeks after the deadline of this advert, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline