Job Title: Data Clerk (3 Job Vacancies)
Organisation: Real Medicine Foundation (RMF)
Duty Station: Uganda
Real Medicine Foundation provides humanitarian support to people living in disaster and poverty stricken areas, focusing on the person as a whole by providing medical/physical, emotional, economic, and social support.
Job Summary: The Data Clerk is responsible for health record management, including collecting, recording, and analyzing, as well as safeguarding healthcare data of persons of concern in the health centres in the Bidibidi Refugee Settlement, Uganda, and its community outreach programs. The incumbent undertakes field visits to all health centres ensuring all data are correctly collected in their entirety. The Data Clerk also provides data input for the regional and country operations plan. The Data Clerk, to provide data entry support, including overseeing data entry activities. The incumbent will coordinate and supervise the work of other data entry staff and oversee M&E data flow, including liaising with relevant partners, updating and managing healthcare records and archiving.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build working relationships with people at all levels over a wide range of disciplines and cultures.
- Daily healthcare data collection at all three health centres in the Bidibidi Refugee Settlement and its community outreach programs.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports.
- Apply technical knowledge and skills to implement and/or assist in community delivery of program activities.
- Maintain respectful and constructive relations with staff and partner staff.
- Work closely with other RMF health and technical staff to ensure a sensitive, functional and accurate health information data system.
- The Data Clerk will assess and analyze the data sand thus needs of persons of concern in the Bidibidi Refugee Settlement in a participatory manner, using an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective to form a firm basis for planning.
- Ensure data is available in both hard and soft copy.
- Develop systems to efficiently store and protect healthcare data.
- Ability to locate and retrieve data swiftly and effectively.
- Process healthcare data and enter in alignment with Uganda MOH/UNHCR/RMF formats.
- Ensure timely reporting data at facility level and zonal level; check completeness and errors of the reporting data according to instructions.
- Provide routine field visits, communication/feedback to facilities/partners on the data completeness, errors, as well as other quality issues.
- Compile the cleaned monthly summary data to the designed database.
- Actively contribute to the preparation of progress and donor reports of program results for dissemination at all levels.
- Ensure that the RMF health projects are in accordance with the established Ministry of Health policies of Uganda and international protocols, guidelines and best practices.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must also hold an Information Technology Diploma or equivalent degree from recognized institute.
- The applicants for the Data Clerk jobs must be educated to GSCE level or equivalent (including English and Math).
- At least three years of relevant experience in data entry functions and filing, and related clerical work in a health centre III or IV, or hospital setting.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS office applications
- Proven experience of data management using SPSS and/or Excel
- Experience and understanding of (research) data processing and experience of overseeing data processing and allocating resources accordingly.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to meet a demanding work load.
- Experience working with complex data sets.
- Need to be numerate, accurate and have excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Applications). Familiarity with HIS Software is a plus.
- Must be fast and meticulous in entering data. Working experience with UN and/or international agencies is desirable.
- Applicants should be in alignment with Real Medicine Foundation’s values of respect and dignity, its vision of ‘Liberating Human Potential’ and ‘Empowering Local Leadership,’ and its mission of providing humanitarian support to people living in disaster and poverty-stricken areas, focusing on the person as a whole by providing medical/physical, emotional, social, and economic support.
- Languages: Excellent knowledge of English and good working knowledge of one additional Ugandan language.
NB: This employment start date is 5th of October 2016.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates must send Email their updated CVs and cover letters to email@example.com or mail sealed to: RMF Uganda; Kamalu Makerere Kavule, Kampala opposite Total Petrol station Kavule or call: 0702994110.
Deadline: 30th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline