Job Title: Records Officer – HR
Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager, Human Resource
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Records Officer – HR will be tasked with the custody and maintenance of the Human Resource Registry
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep the HR Registry and all official NIRA documents.
- Ensures safe custody and proper use of all institutional records in accordance with the Information Act and other relevant policies and procedures of the Organization
- Ensures completeness of all NIRA records and access only to authorized persons and advises management on good retention procedures
- The incumbent notifies management of adequacy of NIRA’s records policy or ay gaps thereof in order to update it in line with the evolving laws and regulations and the needs of the organization
- Opens and Keeps up-to date files for all staff including all HR related documents, i.e. staff bio date, pay information, contract addendums, discipline records, training and development, leave records etc.
- The Records Officer – HR ensures that no record or file leaves the registry without proper authorization
- Performs any other duties which may be assigned from time to time by the Manager Human Resource Management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Records Officer – HR job vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Library and Information Science, records management or archive management or a related field from a recognized University
- A minimum of three years’ relevant working experience in a reputable public or private organization.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent organization skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 24th August, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline