Job Title: National Field Manager - Karamoja
Organisation: Belgian Development Agency (BTC)
Duty Station: Uganda
The Belgian Development Agency, BTC, mobilises its resources and its expertise to eliminate poverty in the world. BTC contributes to the efforts of the international community and works towards a society that provides present and future generations with sufficient resources to build a sustainable and fair world. BTC currently supports more than 200 cooperation projects and programmes in 18 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. In the future, BTC’s efforts will focus on 14 partner countries as a result of a decision made by the Minister of Development Cooperation.
Job Summary: The National Field Manager - Karamoja will be responsible for managing the planning and implementation of activities for the roll out of the support to the regional BTVET stakeholders and their private sector stakeholders. The jobholder will also contribute to the quality assurance and technical guidance of the pilot Skills Development Fund in Karamoja.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Give technical advice in BTVET:
- Upgrading instructors of the selected BTVET institutions technically and pedagogically (in service training);
- Developing work-based learning (WBL) schemes as well as its modalities and build the capacities of both employers and training institutions in its implementation;
- Introducing certification for short term courses.
- Implement additional technical activities assigned to him/her
Reporting, knowledge sharing and M&E:
- Support the setting up of a BTVET knowledge sharing platform for BTVET stakeholders & BMO's at regional level
- Manage the monitoring of progress towards business plans of the selected BTVET partners
- Prepare and submit progress and activity reports, and share with the Project Management Team (PMT) and the international intervention field manager;
- Gather M&E data and compile M&E reports.
Capacity building and daily management:
- Work closely with other donors and technical partners in BTVET, Liaise with the national office,
- Coach the Karamoja-staff officers
- Contribute to the development of a PPP strategy on the local level
- Provide expertise to regional Skills Councils and working groups
- Ensure when necessary the follow- up of administrative files in support of the project managers and under supervision of the International financial and administrative officer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a masters /degree in social science, education or economy / administration (or equivalent)
- A minimum of six years of professional experience
- At least four years’ experience in working for a bilateral or multilateral agency.
- Relevant experience in the BTVET sector and expert in PPP.
- Profound knowledge of and experience in project management, capacity building and M&E
- Soft skills such as to work in a team, to work autonomously.
How to Apply:
All candidate should send an application letter and copy of the applicant’s CV with the names and contact information of 3 work related referees should be sent to BTC - Lower Kololo Terrace Plot 1B - Kampala (mentioning “National Field Manager – Karamoja” on the application envelope)
Deadline: Friday, 2nd September 2016 at 16:00 hrs
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline