Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager, Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will conduct monitoring and evaluation of NIRA operations, programmes and activities as assigned.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains the M&E system and tracks performance indicators
- Retrieves and analyses data from the management information systems and writes reports for management for use in decision making
- The incumbent supports the process of defining, developing and revising the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) system as it applies to the NIRA
- The jobholder builds capacity of team and implementing Partners on M&E tools, analysis, data management and reporting in the NIRA management systems
- Keenly monitors and evaluates projects implemented by the different Units and writes reports to the Head, Planning and Strategy as delegated
- Provides support in assembling relevant reports to Management and other development partners
- Guides on manual data management like file coding, data to be filed and ensuring ease of access to information by implementing partners
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Monitoring & Evaluation Officer career vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Statistics, Economics, Development Studies or a related field from a recognized University
- Possession of a Post Graduate Qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation or any of the above fields would be an added advantage
- Applicants with recognized certifications in Planning or Project Management will have an added advantage
- At least three years of relevant experience in Monitoring & Evaluation in a reputable Public or Private Organization
- Computer literacy i.e. working knowledge if advanced excel, SPSS and Atlas TI is essential
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 24th August, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline