Job Title: Internal Auditor
Organisation: Spear Motors Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Spear Motors Ltd is a private Limited Company duly incorporated under the Laws of Uganda. It was founded in 1973 by Prof. Gordon Wavamunno. Spear Motors Ltd is the Sole official distributor for Daimler AG of Stuttgart, Germany the manufactures of Mercedes Benz. It is also the official distributor for other legendary brands like Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Great Wall Motors (Wingle double cabin and Hover Station wagons), Kinglong Buses and Deutz Fahr Tractors.
Job Summary: The Internal Auditor will support the Company in fulfilling its vision, mission, strategic initiatives, and objectives, while adhering to its core values, by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of management, Internal Control Systems, Policies and Governance processes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, document, implement, and maintain a comprehensive internal audit plan.
- Appraise progressively the soundness and adequacy of the internal control systems to ensure Company assets are properly controlled and safeguarded, integrity and reliability of information provided.
- Establish risk-based audit programs and identify risks in the different departments
- The incumbent will examine financial transactions for accuracy and compliance with applicable regulations.
- Carry out audit testing of specified area and identify reportable issues.
- Ensure that all company resources are acquired economically & adequately safeguarded.
- Identify international financial reporting standards and best practices to assist the company.
- Plan and prepare comprehensive/ complete audit reports
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or BBA
- Professional Qualification (ACCA or CPA) is an added advantage
- At least five years working experience in similar position
- Keen attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Strong ethical standards and high levels of integrity
- Resilience under pressure
- Strong communication, written and verbal skills
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters and a detailed CV and copies of relevant professional certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 26th August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline