Job Title: Officer, IT Helpdesk
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 18598
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Officer, IT Helpdesk provides the IT Service Desk support function through management and resolution of all calls at 1st Level and escalation as per IT Service Support Model. The incumbent provides the business with a Single point of contact for all aspects of IT Service and support and management of issues logged with IT Service Desk.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Single Point of Contact (SPOC):
· Provides the single point of entry for handling customer requests, queries, through taking calls, responding to email and resulting incidents logged on issues tracker
· Correctly categorize and prioritize requests on the issues tracker; provides first level support and feedback and re-assign to appropriate IT Support representatives, to ensure resolution within agreed SLAs and to the customer’s satisfaction.
· Provide a point of liaison with Africa Service Desk and second level support for logging, prioritization, escalation and resolution of incidents.
· Ensure that all Users in the Network are captured and maintained on to the system after proper authentication and authorisation as per laid down Bank procedures.
· It is also to ensure smooth and effective running of the User centralisation process, whilst ensuring that a high level of quality service to the Branch Network and Head Office Units is delivered and maintained.
· Record incidents, check progress and ensure all diagnostic information is provided for error resolution and incident analysis
· Communicate to all relevant stakeholders as soon as a severe business Disruption incident occurs and provide progress through its lifecycle until incident is resolved and root cause is identified.
· Coordinate and track all activities being handled by IT Support representatives and vendors to ensure that the customer issues and requests are resolved within the agreed SLAs.
· Escalate through the IT escalation process when an incident is not resolved within the agreed SLAs.
· Respond to requests for assistance from users by providing information to enable users to solve their problems.
· Manage the lifecycle of user profiles for service desk and core banking applications.
· Search documentation and knowledge base for assistance on related topics to establish possible solutions to calls
· Monitor IT systems uptime and performance through monitoring tools, alerts, dashboards and monitoring screens.
· Maintain accurate log entries of requests with fault details, contact information, resolution details, and follow up information, and advises user of action taken
· Prepare and share with all relevant stakeholders, daily, weekly and monthly status reports of incidents and service levels.
· Provide ad-hoc incident and service level reports on request.
· Prepare and submit performance reports to management to ensure full accountability.
Service Review and Improvement:
· Carry out customer satisfaction surveys, analyses results and recommend service improvement initiatives and activities.
· Coordinate IT service campaigns.
· Regularly monitor performance of service providers to ensure continual service improvement.
· Maintain a high standard of risk control through ensuring accurate accessing of the Finacle System and adherence with the laid down related procedures.
· Identify and report any irregularities and possible losses to the bank in relation with the use of Bank Systems especially Finacle
· Ensure due process is in place before any changes are effected
· Audit and advise risks due to staff access or profiles as are loaded
· Process system access requests and requirements in a timely manner
· Maintenance of the related documents safely.
· Audits to ensure that user profiles are maintained and staff do not have any more access than is agreed for the roles
· Deletion of staff access who have left the bank or are on suspension
· Ensure the prevention of non-compliance access which would enable staff do transactions they should not
· Timely changes in profile and access when all due process is in place
· Identifies appropriate formal and occupational (informal) training needs and courses (internal/external) to develop oneself
· Up-Skills oneself regarding new products and procedures through attendance of workshops/presentations and reading of internal and external communications.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Officer, IT Helpdesk job placement must hold a University graduate with a degree in Business, IT or a related subject
· At least two to three years’ experience in IT preferably in a busy helpdesk environment/ related field.
· Broad knowledge in process management
· Broad working knowledge of ITIL processes including change, incident and problem management.
· Working knowledge of standard business processes including work prioritization, best practices.
· Technically competent with broad knowledge of systems management, development and implementation methods with specialist knowledge of Project Management.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of the bank’s Core systems.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 31st August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline