Organization: Plan International
Duty Station: Kamuli, Uganda
Reports to: Project Coordinator Menstrual Hygiene Management
Plan International was founded over 75 years ago and is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organizations (non-profit / INGOs) in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan's vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people's rights and dignity. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations.
Job Summary: The Project Facilitator-Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM) Project will carry out the day-to-day implementation of MHM project interventions in Kamuli Programme Unit. Working closely with other members of the project team and other project stakeholders (local government, NGO partners, communities) s/he will oversee that the project activities are implemented in a timely and efficient manner and contribute to improved Knowledge, Attitude and Practice on Menstrual Hygiene Management, WASH and other Health related interventions among female youths and women.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Takes part in developing annual project outlines and quarterly and monthly project work-plans and budgeting.
· Manages annual budgets allocated for the delivery of the MHM project
· Organises capacity building sessions for resource teams on MHM
· Organises awareness raising activities including training of youths and adults on MHM
· Provides technical support on MHM to community-based groups supported by the project
· Actively participates in mobilisation and sensitisation of communities to access MHM services.
· Organises participatory project monitoring and evaluation sessions
· Mentors school health clubs in Menstrual Hygiene Management for continuity and sustainability of project outcomes
· Works closely with different groups and individuals to strengthen their capacity in making and marketing and distribution of hygienic menstrual hygiene materials within communities.
· Builds capacity of groups in business management and enterprise development
· Participates in the collection of data for the MHM project operational research
· Compiles activity and monthly reports for submission to the Project Coordinator
· Maintains the project documents
Dealing with Problems:
· Spots the solution that will lead to a safe outcome.
· Stays calm and rationally look at the problem and envision a successful solution
· Stays focused on positive outcome in situation which is avoidable
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Plan International Project Facilitator-Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM) Project job placement should preferably hold a degree in Nursing, Public Health, Social Science, Social Work or development studies.
· A minimum of two years’ experience of working on WASH initiatives with a bias on Menstrual Hygiene Management and must be knowledgeable of WASH in school minimum standards.
· Broad knowledge of sanitation promotion approaches including CLTS, PHASE, PHAST, CHAST, Child- to- Child, & Menstrual Hygiene Management
· Computer literacy i.e. working knowledge in Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel and Power Point presentation)
· Knowledge on Tackling Inequality and exclusion
· Strong skills in teamwork and networking.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Excellent skills in documentation and report writing
· Excellent negotiation and influencing skills in multi-cultural contexts
· Ability to generate and interpret financial reports using excel
· Ability to ride a motorcycle is a MUST
· Behaves consistently in approach to work and decision-making
· Strongly drives performance forward in area of the business for which they are responsible together with the team
· Sets a strong learning culture in their part of the organisation
· Remains calm and positive under pressure and in difficult situations
· Aware of impact on others and adjusting own behaviour accordingly
· Fluent with the local language specifically Lusoga and Luganda.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their letters of application, together with updated CVs, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant certificates, names and contact details of three references plus salary history and send to:
The Ag. Country Human Resources Manager,
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NB: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful in case you do not hear from us by 30th November 2016.
Deadline: 12th September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline