Job Title: Administrative Officer
Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Administration
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Administrative Officer will carry out tasks and activities which enhance the administration function of National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Administration Manager to review and implement administrative policies and procedures
- The incumbent identifies and guides the Administration Manager on the required facilities, furniture, tools and/or equipment
- Identifies office requirements and works closely with the procurement department to have them acquired following due process
- Ensures that office premises and furniture are tidy and cleaned regularly as required and other services such as reception, catering and refreshments, utilities and messenger services, are provided
- Works closely with the Procurement officer for purposes of engaging service providers to carry out maintenance, repair and servicing works of NIRA Assets.
- Keenly monitors the availability and use of utilities and reports any associated problems to the Administration Manager in a timely manner
- Manages contractors and service providers carrying out repairs on the premises or servicing machines and equipment to ensure deliverables are met
- Prepare requisitions for office stationery from the store and distributes it as required to respective Directorates/Departments
- Ensures dispatch/ delivery and/or collection of official mail and parcels
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Administration Manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Administrative Officer job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Business Administration, Social Sciences or other relevant qualification from a recognized University
- At least three years of related work experience in a reputable public or private organization.
- Computer literacy including experience in use of Microsoft Office packages
- Good supervisory skills with keen attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- High level of integrity
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 24th August, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline