Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Logistics Manager/ Marketing Manager
SolarNow is a distribution and finance company that sells high quality solar product and appliances to households and businesses in Uganda. The company started in 2011 and has since opened 36 branches throughout Uganda, employs around 250 people. Expansion into other countries is planned for 2016.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Organize and coordinate all logistical operations in line with Solar Now set guidelines.
· Carry out inspections of vehicle before departing to deliver goods
· Pack and load products onto trucks according to company’s specifications
· Maintain ongoing communication with route dispatcher
· The jobholder will transport Solar Now Marketing/ promotions team to their destination and also support in the promotions activities.
· Maintains record for vehicles, logs official trips, records daily mileage, records the use of fuel vouchers, and keeps records on consumption.
· Devise methods of stock control, closely monitors warehousing management, and regularly submits situation reports on stocks, equipment and pre-positioned goods
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the Logistics Officer jobs should at least hold a Diploma in Logistics and Distribution Management or its equivalent
· At least three years of related work experience in a reputable company
· Possess a clean driving track record.
· Hold a valid Driving license or permit
· Defensive driving certificate
· Posses a positive and professional attitude
· Honesty and high level of integrity
· Managing Relationships: Working in teams
· Ability to communicate information and ideas
· Ability to work with people
· Ability and willingness to travel different parts of the country. (Flexibility)
· Fit with Solar Now culture.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications to the Human Resource Manager, SolarNow Uganda Services via e-mail, email@example.com, including their updated CVs (no other documents).
Deadline: 29th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline