Job Title: Finance Manager (2 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Director
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading national humanitarian organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. The ICRC is an International humanitarian institution which has a mandate to protect victims of international and armed conflicts i.e. the wounded, refugees, civilians, prisoners and other non-combatants.
Job Summary: The Finance Manager will offer support in the development, maintenance and monitoring of a system to generate funds, control expenditure and budget performance in line with URCS financial policies and regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Finance Manager will maintain the Financial Management Information System that supports all the financial functions of the URC.
- Prepare and present monthly and quarterly financial reports to Finance Director in accordance with URC approved reporting standards.
- Mentor, supervise, motivate, appraise finance staff and build the capacity of finance team, non-finance staff and partners in line with the finance policy and department mission.
- Develop tools, review and consolidate country programme plans and budgets in line with the planning guidelines and URC financial regulations.
- Prepare and submit variance reports, advise the Finance Director on budget balances against allocations, initiate and coordinate supplementary budget process.
- Prepare Statutory Financial Statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Develop and maintain system of keeping proper books of accounts to ensure safe custody of assets of URC in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Practice.
- Develop and maintain computerized accounting systems in line with URC financial strategy.
- The jobholder will oversee all internal and external audit activities and ensure that appropriate audit responses are prepared.
- Periodically review organization’s chart of accounts and ensure proper posting of transactions in accordance to the departmental mission.
- Develop, implement and maintain systems, procedures and policies, including accounts payable and receivable functions to ensure adherence to organisation’s guidelines.
- Keenly monitor trends of expenditure growth or decline and provide advice on Value for Money of operations in line with URC’s finance policy and regulations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Uganda Red Cross Society Finance Manager job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or any related field
- Professional qualification e.g. ACCA, CPA, CFA etc.).
- Relevant professional qualifications and training in Finance, Project planning and management, Monitoring and evaluation are added advantages
- At least five years accounting experience in a large organization with at least two years in a managerial position.
- Significant experience in using Financial Management Information Systems (NAVISON accounting package is an added advantage).
- Broad working knowledge of Budgeting and budgetary control, Financial analysis, Donor financial accounting procedures, Operations of sub grant partners/community based organizations, Accounting Procedures and Standards and Computerized Accounting Systems and Spreadsheet
- Skilled in asset management and payroll management
- Working knowledge of donor financial accounting procedures, GAAP, IAS/AFRS accounting requirements and budgeting, Tax laws and systems in Uganda
- Team Leadership skills
- Proven integrity
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to identify critical financial issues with capacity to pay attention to details.
- Capacity building skills
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement should send their filled application forms, download here and E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail via post to: The Secretary General, Uganda Red Cross Society, Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road, P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 29th August 2016 by 5.00pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline