Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Organization: Refugee Law Project (RLP)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Manager, National Memory and Peace Documentation Centre (NMPDC)
The Refugee Law Project (RLP) is an outreach project of the School of Law, Makerere University. Our Mission is to empower asylum seekers, refugees, deportees, IDPs and host communities to enjoy their human rights and lead dignified lives. Refugee Law Project’s work is currently structured in five thematic areas: Access to Justice; Conflict, Transitional Justice & Governance (CTJ&G), Gender & Sexuality; Mental Health & Psychosocial Wellbeing; and Media for Social Change.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant is responsible for administrative and office support activities, implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies, receptionist services and facilitating correspondence, in order to ensure effective and efficient operations of the Kitgum office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Administrative Assistant will produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms as required; develop and maintain the NMPDC contact list(s);
- Maintain office supplies by regularly checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; stocking items; delivering supplies to work stations;
- Ensure that the office premises – inside and outside are always kept clean; ensure that RLP facilities, equipment and utensils are safe, clean, and in usable condition at all times and also ensure security to the kitchen by ensuring that non-staff don’t access it without his/her permission.
- Will also answer and direct phone calls to the concerned persons;
- The incumbent will receive, direct and provide general support to visitors including responding to inquiries and ensure that all incoming and outgoing mails/parcels/correspondences are registered;
- Generate and submit requisitions to finance as required; disburse funds as approved and reconcile expense reports and accountabilities;
- Receive and keep all monies paid to the organisation for any services and ensure that the safe and all that is kept in it are secure at all times;
- Documentation and Archiving: Support in maintain a filing system and securely archive all the administrative outputs in all forms and also assist other field staff with overflow work, including data entry and being a rapporteur as required;
- Logistics: Maintain equipment by conducting preventive maintenance and troubleshooting failures and coordinate repairs to office equipment as required;
- Others: Ensure that RLP’s rules and regulations are implemented with relevance to the activities as well as policies and procedures; participate in necessary meetings and reviews and perform any other tasks that may be identified or assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Refugee Law Project (RLP) Administrative Assistant career placement should hold a Diploma in Business Studies, Social Work or Administration from a recognized institution
- A minimum of two years’ work experience as a Secretary/Receptionist
- Computer literacy applications i.e. proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Access
- Excellent interpersonal skills in a work environment or similar customer/client care situation
- Knowledge of any other local and/or any language used in refugee communities is an added advantage (Kitgum)
How to Apply:
If you meet the above requirements and are interested, we encourage you to address motivation letter and updated CV to the Human Resources Manager via E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position applied for in the subject line of the email. Copies of certificates should not be attached, but will be requested for from short-listed candidates only.
Deadline: Friday 29th July 2016 by 5.00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline