Job Title: Design & Training Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Educate! is a fast growing, non-profit social enterprise that works to transform education in Africa to teach youth to solve poverty for themselves and their communities. Educate! provides youth with skills training in leadership, entrepreneurship and workforce readiness along with mentorship to start real businesses at school. Our model is delivered through practically-trained teachers and youth mentors.
Job Summary: The Design & Training Manager will lead and coordinate the design, planning and development of innovative programs for Educate! as we move towards our vision for 2024 of reaching one million youth annually across ten countries in Sub Saharan Africa. As a Design and Training Manager, you will be steering the process from conceptualization, strategy and program design. The incumbent will be working on expansion and replication of current programs, creation of new opportunities and making recommendations for relevant designs that will enable Educate! to meet and exceed our ambitions growth plans.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Build Design & Training Strategy (30%)
- Take lead of risk assessments and plan for risks
- Analyze reports from BML's and experiments in relation to design. Based on reports, provide recommendations of best way forward.
- Establish, department priorities with the Program Director as they relate to design for quality programs
- Coordinate and lead the relationship between Educate! and Stir on behalf of the organization.
Leading Innovation oversight 30%
- Lead meetings with cross functional team of Innovation Coordinator, Design Coordinator, M&E Manager, Regional Managers, Program Director and Innovations Director to streamline lessons learned from the findings of the BML experiments and pilots.
Departmental Budget Management (20%) Manage departmental budget, take the lead in half-year review, and submit monthly Budget versus Actual reports.
National Curriculum Review and National curriculum tools oversight 20%
- Manage the design of tools that can be used by teachers and students as related to national program strategy and national curriculum reform.
- Manage the re-design of associations and administration trainings in relation to the National curriculum reform
- Build the re-design of the program model in relation to the National curriculum reform
- Attend pilot meetings to contribute to the strategy, make recommendations and look for areas that will inform the program model and association re-designs.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Education
- At least four years of professional experience.
- Previous experience in designing curriculum and training of teachers within the East
- African field preferred.
- Possess skills in curriculum design, project management, training of trainers, exceptional organizational and analytical skills.
- Fits our Five Cultural Tenets i.e. We Put Youth First, We Are Always Learning, We Only Solve a Problem Once, We Are Flexible and We Exceed Expectations.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send and updated resume, a cover letter describing yourself, and a list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include “Design & Training Manager – theugandanjobline.com website - Your Name" in the subject line.
Deadline: 8th July, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline