Job Title: Budget Officer
Organisation: East African Community
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Reports to: Senior Budget Officer
The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the United Republic of Tanzania, and the Republic of Uganda with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania. The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade and investments.
Job Summary: The Budget Officer will ensure timely preparation and monitoring of the execution of the budget in compliance with the EAC Financial Rules and Regulations, the EAC Budget Act and EAC Budgeting Guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will prepare the EAC budget and coordinate the process through Budget Management System (BMS) on annual basis, including Updating the BMS with all relevant information before kick starting the budgeting process; and assisting budget holders while capturing data into the Budget Management System at all levels;
- Ensure EAC budgets adhere to the Budget Guidelines specifically on rates applied, Unit of Measure and consistence in projecting;
- Keenly monitor and control EAC-Secretariat Expenditure on a daily basis to ensure that they are within approved limits, and advise the management on budget performance at reasonable intervals; including designing departmental budget performance reports and generating and circulating monthly department budget performance reports;
- In charge of uploading the budgets into the Sun Systems once approved by the East African Legislative Assembly;
- Initiate communication processes to other organs and Institutions with specific instructions on submission of the Budget Performance Reports and consolidate into the master report;
- Design, implement and follow up on cost sharing ratios for shared costs;
- Guide the management on any other costs that can be shared.
- Raise flag on budget variances and promptly inform functional heads;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the East African Community Budget Officer job vacancy must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Commerce or Business administration or equivalent degree from a recognised University/Institution.
- Professional qualifications in Accounting will be an added advantage.
- At least five years of relevant experience.
- Proven ability to write policy and technical analysis reports, analyse departmental budget requirements, programs, policies, procedures, and operations.
- Knowledge of Sun System and Budget Management System application, Vision Excel and Vision Executive will be an added advantage.
- Skills and Competencies: Must have planning, budgeting, Managerial, Accounting, and Excel application, and evaluation skills.
- Age: Below 55 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are advised to send their applications, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, names and contact details of three (3) referees, and a copy of National Identity Card, Birth Certificate or Passport showing the date of birth. Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and the envelope. For electronic submissions, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and forward to the address given below.
- Please submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
- Applications which do not: indicate nationality and age; the reference number; an application letter attached; have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional certificates; or fail to provide three referees shall be disqualified.
All invitations for interviews shall be done in writing to:
Executive Selection Division,
Deloitte Consulting Limited,
10th Floor PPF Tower
Cnr of Ohio Street & Garden Avenue:
P O Box 1559 Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania
Fax +255(22) 2116379
E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: Monday, 15th August 2016, 17:00Hrs.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline