Job Title: Medical Officer (7 Career Jobs)
Organisation: The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda)
Duty Station: Gulu (1), Rukungiri (1), Masaka (1), Soroti (2), Tororo (1) and Masindi (1), Uganda
VA No.: TASO-2016-HR/5
REF: TS/HR/PM 12
Reports to: Medical Coordinator
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda) is an organisation contributing to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of Life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease.
Job Summary: The Medical Officer will provide medical care and health education to TASO clients.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in the drawing and implementation of Centre medical work plans and budget.
- Provide information to clients, aimed at reducing their vulnerability to AIDS and other HIV related diseases and infections through health education.
- Provide medical care to TASO clients and staff
- Actively participate in HIV/AIDS awareness and sensitizations in the communities
- Participate in training of health workers from communities and other institutions
- Provide technical support to Clinical Services Supervisor, Clinical Officer Field Services, Clinical Officers, Nurses, Counsellors and Field Officer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Medicine (MBChB)
- A minimum of three years of medical service
- Special Knowledge of HIV management
- Ability to communicate medical facts to non-medical personnel
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills
- Emotional control
- High degree of confidentiality
- Good team player
- Ability to work under mental and physical stress
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are invited to send an application letter, resume, copies of academic certificates, testimonials and three referees.
All interested Candidates MUST attach a fully filled Application Form, download here, or pick it from any TASO Centre and register in the applications book.
Note: Please firmly staple your papers together only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please forward your applications to:
The Director, Human Resource & Administration,
P.O. Box 10443,
OR Hand deliver your application to TASO HQ level II, located at Old Mulago Hospital
OR Apply Online -> Click Here
Deadline: 22nd July, 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline