Job Title: Driver (2 Career Jobs)
Organization: Abt Associates
Project Name: USAID Reproductive Health Voucher Program (RHVP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Abt Associates is an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries.
About USAID RHVP Project:
The USAID-funded Reproductive Health Voucher Program (RHVP) in Uganda aims to achieve measurable improvements in safe motherhood services by supporting health financing and innovative service delivery models in the private sector.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive vehicle to assigned destinations
- Maintain and update log book at all times
- The incumbent will ensure that the vehicle assigned is clean at all times
- Conduct regular checks for validity of insurance and, fire extinguishers and first aid boxes
- Report all vehicle repairs and services requirements on time
- The incumbent will ensure vehicle assigned is always maintained in good working condition
- Conduct daily assessment of the vehicle to maintain the highest level of standards
- Perform any other duties as my be assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants must hold a Uganda Certificate of education Level qualification with a credit in English. Advanced Level Certificate will be an added advantage.
- Possess a valid driving permit with classes CH and DL
- At least seven years’ working years with clean records of driving and maintaining vehicles in NGO sector
- A certificate in defensive driving
- Certificate in basic engineering qualification will be an added advantage
- Fluency in written & Spoken English is a must
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Time Management skills is a must
- Pleasant, smart with good interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer care skills a must
- Confidentiality, Diligence and Reliability
- Fluency in any two local languages in the North and Eastern Region will be an added advantage
How to Apply:
All applicants who wish to join the USAID project must send an updated CV and application letter that provides details of the applicant’s specific qualifications for the desired position to: Florence_Kitaka@abtassoc.com with position title as the subject line of the email.
Deadline: 22nd July 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline