Job Title: Strategic Information Specialist
Organisation: The Mitchell Group (TMG)
Project Name: USAID Strategic Information Technical Support (SITES) Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Mitchell Group (TMG) has been providing a variety of international consulting services for over 29 years in the areas of: Monitoring and Evaluation, Support Services, Financial Management and Grants, Basic Education and Training. TMG provides better management of limited resources for U.S. Government agencies, non-profit organizations, and private firms involved in development in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Caribbean, Eastern Europe and the Newly Independent States.
About USAID SITES Project:
The Mitchell Group (TMG) is anticipating to implement the USAID Strategic Information Technical Support (SITES) Project. This is a multi-year M&E platform that will develop innovative solutions to manage health information and enable better programmatic decision making. The project could include activities such as data monitoring and assessment, collection, analysis and reporting; baseline, performance and program assessments; assistance with the data collection, analysis, reporting, and target-setting requirements for the annual country operational plan; and the management and implementation of service quality improvement tools.
Job Summary: The Strategic Information Specialist will provide Strategic Information Technical Support (SITES) to the HIV/AIDS (PEPFAR) team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Strategic Information Specialist will be responsible for taking overall responsibilities for all Strategic Information functions.
- The Strategic Information Specialist will lead strengthening through routine and periodic technical guidance the community and facility and states government M & E staff data collection, collation, analysis and reporting and information use for informed decision making systems and processes.
- The incumbent will be responsible for monitoring the progress of Strategic Information activities and provide ongoing mentorship to all strategic Information stakeholders in the community and facility and states government on adherence to set standards while also harmonizing the state M&E systems.
- She/he will lead all capacity building and skill transfer processes to the states for program ownership and sustainability for all SI stakeholders.
- She/he will lead all routine data validation and periodic Data Quality Assessments (DQA) for both community and facility data processes in assigned states
- The incumbent will lead data capturing and reporting systems at the community and facility level, this will including key functions of data collection, entry into the project and donor reporting platforms and reporting to the country office Generate specific outputs (deliverables) as determined in the respective projected work plan for each month/quarter
- She/he will ensure the utilization of standardized strategic Information indicators and tools for consistency in measurement for both PEPFAR and the state where they are assigned.
- The jobholder will be responsible for documenting program lessons learnt, best practices and gaps, according to PEPFAR guidelines. She/he will be responsible for guiding and implementing research activities that will help improve the quality of our programming to the benefit of our donor and clients.
- The incumbent will also lead information use and dissemination on identified project implementation gaps and target achievements through reports, weekly brief/review meetings, etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the USAID The Mitchell Group (TMG) Strategic Information Specialist job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Population Studies, Public Health or Social Science (or equivalent), or Epidemiology.
- Possession of a Master’s Degree in Social Sciences or Management or Development studies preferably with a health focus is an advantage.
- At least three to five years of relevant monitoring and evaluation experience and also research and evaluation experience,
- Demonstrated ability to analyze research and evaluation findings and other information for the benefit of practitioners in health development, ideally in the HIV/AIDS sector.
- Working knowledge and experience in project-level or state/national-level SI system implementation for health, reproductive health or HIV/AIDS programming in developing countries
- Knowledge working with USAID’s PEPFAR MER indicators, data collection, collation, validation and reporting through USAID’s reporting platforms
- Excellent analytical and information dissemination/presentation skills.
- Proficiency in the use and application relevant software which includes but not limited to PITT, NOMIS, DHIS, SPSS and any electronic patient level Medical Record software and Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and recipients of assistance.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel at short notice
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the anticipated USAID project should send the most relevant CV to email@example.com. Please include in the subject line: “Strategic Information Specialist/ Uganda SITES/ Last Name”.
Deadline: 20th June, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline