Job Title: Technical Executive Assistant
Organisation: Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Trade Industry and Cooperatives mandated to coordinate the elaboration of standards and quality of products and services so as to facilitate fair trade, promote local industries and protect consumers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain ongoing dialogue and cooperation with the international standardization community (Codex, ISO, IEC, ARSO) and standards related organizations and partners with the view to getting support and mobilizing resources for UNBS programmes
- Assist all actions required for the effective implementation of MOUs and projects that the UNBS has engaged in and provide regular updates and policy briefs to the Executive Director
- Establish and enhance close cooperation with the various Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) in Uganda with a view to rationalizing and mainstreaming standardization activities and thereby facilitating utilization of standardization services
- Support the various UNBS Technical Departments in drafting projects, negotiating MoUs, and in taking common positions on matters of National concern
- Keenly monitor the ongoing activities within the regional and international standards organizations that may impact on UNBS activities
- Work closely with other Heads of departments and In/charge of Regional Standards organizations
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the UNBS Technical Executive Assistant job opportunity should hold a Master’s degree or post graduate qualification and Honours Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Food science, Food Technology, Engineering or any other science related qualification from a recognized University/Institution
- At least five years’ experience in Standards, Quality Assurance, or quality control, Standards Development or Laboratory Testing after graduation
- At least three years’ experience and exposure to international standards operations
- Computer literacy skills with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet applications.
- Good report writing and project proposal formulation skills
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Good team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
All qualified applicants should send their applications together with attached copies of all academic qualifications, copies of valid identity cards and detailed CVs with mobile telephone numbers indicated, names and contact details of three referees, to the address below;
The Executive Director,
Uganda National Bureau of Standards,
Bweyogerere Industrial Park,
Plot 2-12 Kyaliwajala Road,
P.O. Box 6329, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 17th June 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline