Job Title: Procurement Officer
Organisation: Newrest Uganda Inflight Services
Duty Station: Entebbe Airport, Uganda
Newrest Uganda Inflight Services is an industrial catering company specializing in the aviation sector (restaurants serving the airline and VIP flights and ground with signs Caffé Lindo, E-Café Sky Café), and in the rail, marine, communities (embassies, schools, private companies, hospitals), also associated services including aerial specialist managed services “in flight” (Inflight), the sales on board (Buy-on-board), the Off- taxes (duty free)) and remote support (remote sites).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement the whole procurement process and all procurement procedures:
- The Procurement Officer will also receive and process the Internal Procurement Requests;
- Implement the competitive bidding process;
- Finalize LPOs
- Ensure proper and timely execution of LPOs by suppliers
- Work closely watch and monitor local commodity markets and regularly update the prices as they are in the market
- Maintain complete updated purchasing records/data and pricing in the system.
- Purchase and issue order in accordance to specification.
- Prepare reports and summarize data including sales report
- Schedule store visits and conduct competitor survey.
- Coordinate with user departments and suppliers in the purchasing scope of work for projects assigned.
- Handle and monitor claims to factories and vendors for defectives, shortage, missing parts.
- Keenly monitor and co-ordinate deliveries of items between suppliers to ensure that all items are delivered to site/store on time.
- Responsible for the preparation and process purchase orders and documents in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Plan and manage minimum levels of products.
- The jobholder will negotiate for best purchasing package (in terms of quality, price, term, delivery and service) with suppliers and sub-contractors assigned.
- Coordinate with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery.
- Create and then maintain and update a complete and detailed database of existing and alternative suppliers
- Work in liaison with the Stores Department to ensure optimum levels of inventory/stock; avoid over- or under stocking
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should have attained formal qualification in Procurement or a related field
- A minimum of two years’ experience in Procurement
- Hold a valid driving permit
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an application together with a detailed resume and copies of the relevant academic papers to Human Resources Manager, Newrest Uganda Inflight Services Ltd, Plot M92 Sebugwawo Drive, Airside Road, P.O. Box 728 Entebbe, Uganda.
Deadline: 6th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline