Job Title: Photovoltaic Officer
Organisation: Rural Electrification Agency (REA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager
The Rural Electrification Agency (REA) is the Secretariat of the Rural Electrification Board (REB) as established by Statutory Instrument 2001 No. 75. The REB’s main function is to oversee the management of the Rural Electrification Fund (REF) and facilitate the development and implementation of the Government’s Rural Electrification Programme.
Job Summary: The Photovoltaic Officer will coordinate the implementation of solar photovoltaic PV access activities aimed at accelerating the dissemination of solar product especially among the income segment of the population in order to displace the use kerosene as a main source of lighting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the implementation of off-grid standalone solar energy related activities.
- Design and implement a solar energy access programme aimed at providing basic electricity services to low income segment of the population
- Ensure quality of solar products on the market in compliance with UNBS standards.
- Work in liaison with the Community Outreach Unit undertake public awareness campaigns to inform consumers of the benefits and characterizes of good quality products.
- Offer technical assistance, including training to designated key stakeholders in the solar industry.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate, on the on-going basis, the performance of solar activities and their impact to targeted communities.
- The Photovoltaic Officer will represent REA on committees and forums which support the development PV in Uganda in various agencies/institutions.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Department.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Photovoltaic Officer career opportunity should a Bachelor’s Degree (Hon) in any of the following disciplines: Engineering, Physics, Marketing or Business Studies.
- Possession of a Master’s Degree or Post Graduate Diploma/Certificate from a recognized institution in Solar PV technology/marketing or related energy studies will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in the PV industry, with experience in design, installation and marketing or promotion.
- Prior experience working with rural communities on rural development issues will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified Ugandans should send their applications including; a cover letter, detailed CV, names and addresses of three referees and copies of relevant certificates and testimonials addressed and delivered to: The Executive Director, Rural Electrification Agency, Plot 10 Windsor Loop, Kololo 2nd Floor, House of Hope, P.O. Box 7317, Kampala - Uganda.
NB: Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 8th July 2016 by 1.00PM.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline