Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Organisation: Nakasero Hospital Limited (NHL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Pharmacist
Nakasero Hospital Limited (NHL) is a private hospital in Kampala that opened its doors to outpatient treatment in March 2009 and inpatient treatment, the same year. Our mission is to provide quality medical care to patients, to fill the gap which is created by lack of adequate medical facilities in the country.
Job Summary: The Pharmacy Technician will mainly be charged with ensuring that hospital drugs are issued out to clients in an efficient manner, adhering to prescriptions and protocol in accordance to systems in the pharmacy
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of inventory management.
- Working with the Pharmacist in the drug procurement/forecasting and quantification.
- In charge of counseling of clients and promoting patient adherence
- Responsible for monitoring clients on sensitive medication.
- Ensure that records of all consumables (or otherwise) are kept in an efficient and effective manner including those of daily consumption.
- In charge of dispensing drugs to patients with proper instructions
- Advising patients and attendants on proper use and storage of medicines.
- Enter into the register all drugs ordered from pharmacy and issued to patients and other departments.
- Supervise and support new staff, train and instruct them where need be and equip them with necessary skills about drug use and management.
- Provide drug information to patients, clients and other health professionals in the hospital.
- Initiate and carry out operational research.
- Actively participate in rational use of drugs so as to uphold primary health care activities in communities.
- Ensure proper maintenance and functioning of pharmaceutical equipment.
- Ensure appropriate storage of drugs/items that need special attention like vaccines and other sensitive drugs.
- Perform any other duties as may be required from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a diploma in Pharmacy
- One year of experience in dispensing.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs and cover letters via E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 30th June, 2016