Job Title: Examinations Officer – ICT Field
Organisation: Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board (UBTEB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Officer Examinations Manuscript, Delivery & Awards
Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board (UBTEB) is one of the national Examinations Boards in Uganda whose mandate is to streamline, regulate, coordinate and conduct credible examinations and award Certificates and Diplomas in the Business, Technical and Vocational professions. The Board therefore conducts Business, Technical and Vocational examinations, including Applied Science specialties such as Biological Sciences (Agricultural, Fisheries, Wildlife, Forestry, Bee keeping and other related fields), Physical Sciences (Meteorology, Surveys and Land Management, and other related fields), Cooperative, Social Development, Hotel, Catering and Tourism.
Job Summary: The Examinations Officer – ICT field will be tasked with the implementation of the examination processes in the Manuscript, Delivery and Awards Department
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for computing and assessment of Registration fees;
- In charge of the preparation and issuance of draft registers;
- Preparation of mark sheets for data capture;
- Supervise data entry of both course works and final examination results;
- Responsible for updating of programs and subjects/course units;
- Updating of credit units;
- Linking programs to subjects;
- In charge of the configuration of system reporting templates;
- Tasked with the verification of results;
- Graduating successful candidates;
- Preparation of mark sheets;
- Verify continuous assessment marks/results of students from Examination Centres;
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology and any other related field, from a recognised institution;
- Strong and proven Computer hands on experience in data management, Excel spread sheets, Access and examination results processing skills,
- Possession of a Certificate or Diploma in technical teacher education/certificate or diploma in vocational teacher instruction is an added advantage;
- At least two years’ experience in teaching in vocational/technical institutions/Tertiary Institution or world of work.
- Age: Between 25-40 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates hand deliver three sets of handwritten applications with detailed CVs and photocopies of academic certificates, testimonials, transcripts and/or result slips; three (3) most recent and clear passport size photographs, names and addresses of two referees, a letter of recommendation from the current or most recent employer, telephone contacts and emails of both the applicant and the referees. The Job title and Ref. No. should be clearly written on the top left corner of the envelope. The documents should be submitted in sealed envelopes to the address indicated below;
The Executive Secretary,
Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board,
Plot 7 Valley Drive, Ntinda,
P. O. Box 1499, Kampala – Uganda.
Deadline: 1st July, 2016 by 5.00 p.m.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline