Job Title: Estates Management Officer
Organisation: Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Trade Industry and Cooperatives mandated to coordinate the elaboration of standards and quality of products and services so as to facilitate fair trade, promote local industries and protect consumers.
Job Summary: The Estates Management Officer will be responsible for management and upkeep of UNBS property such as buildings, fittings, and other materials
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement an efficient and effective routine repairs and maintenance programs for all facilities and equipment
- Plan, allocate and supervise maintenance contractors and undertake regular inspections of the premises
- Update and maintain a logbook for planned/pending and completed jobs and raise requisitions for repairs and maintenance in a timely manner
- Actively participate in the planning, development and monitoring of premises services and supervision, training and appraisal of caretaking/cleaning staff and contractors
- Identify defects and record repairs and maintenance requirements
- Keenly monitor performance of service contractors and record performance against specified standards
- Survey and measure property for valuation purposes in connection with purchase, or disposal of the property or equipment
- Ensure that cost effective support and maintenance arrangements are put in place and regularly reviewed, using internal resources and external contractors where appropriate
- Ensure that the building is maintained to the highest possible standards at all times and that the building infrastructure and fabric are robustly protected and cared for
- Ensure regular emergency equipment checks including fire and intruder alarms, emergency lighting and fire extinguishers are completed
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the UNBS Estates Management Officer vacancy should hold an Honours degree in Electrical Engineering or Civil Engineering from a recognized University/Institution or Higher Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Civil Engineering from a recognized University/Institution
- A minimum of three years of cumulatively responsible experience in property Management preferably in a reputable organisation
- Demonstrated ability to find creative solutions to estates problems and deliver solutions within tight constraints.
- Strong influential and negotiating skills.
- Proven ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels, with appropriate tact, diplomacy and sensitivity.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent numeracy and highly effective analytical abilities.
- Proven project management skills.
- Good team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Age: Between 25 and 35 years.
How to Apply:
All qualified applicants should send their applications together with attached copies of all academic qualifications, copies of valid identity cards and detailed CVs with mobile telephone numbers indicated, names and contact details of three referees, to the address below;
The Executive Director,
Uganda National Bureau of Standards,
Bweyogerere Industrial Park,
Plot 2-12 Kyaliwajala Road,
P.O. Box 6329, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 17th June 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline