Job Title: CRES Projects Manager
Organisation: Barclays Bank UK
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of CRES
Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It is a universal bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers. As of 31 December 2011, Barclays had total assets of US$2.42 trillion, the seventh-largest of any bank worldwide.
Job Summary: The CRES Projects Manager will be in charge of the coordination, control and delivery of Branch fit outs, Major refurbishment and other building projects. The incumbent will ensure delivery to the required project quality, cost and delivery timeframes. The jobholder should understand project constraints and general health & safety requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Governance and Liaison:
- Manage the Design Team to advise Barclays on the implications of any instruction it may issue or be considering issuing including changes and variations. Such advice shall refer to the full programme, cost, quality and environmental implications, which shall be coordinated with other project team members.
- Initiate and maintain liaison in order that key stakeholders are kept fully informed on the progress of the project and the implications (cost, programme/time, quality and environmental) of any changes.
- Provide information arising from the carrying out of these services to other participants as is required and in a timely manner in order that they may progress their work.
- Work closely with the project consultants and Barclay’s projects team to have projects follow CRES projects governance.
- Carry out work in accordance with Barclay’s project process.
- Attend meetings and workshops as required to progress any aspect of the project.
- Notify Barclays of any incident likely attract a claim under Barclays’ or any other in country legislations.
2. Reporting, Meetings and Communication:
- Agree project reporting and recording procedure with the Consultant, Contractor(s) and key stakeholders, including financial and progress reporting.
- Prepare progress reports as agreed with Barclays covering all aspects of the project progress with appropriate summaries and recommendations.
- Own and contribute to regular meetings during the project process. Meetings like Principal meeting when the project strategy is developed and reviewed, Progress meetings, design team meetings, change control meetings, risk review workshops and value engineering workshops that manage and evaluate the design to achieve optimum efficiency of space and functional performance at appropriate stages of the design.
- Produce project programmes, monitor progress against project programmes and propose corrective action where required to recover delays when necessary.
- Report delays and cost overruns (or material threats to timescales or budgets) as soon as they are identified.
- Advise on the need for and scope of services of any additional consultants that may be required.
- Lead and manage the duties of all project stakeholders
- Administer contract in respect of professional services and construction operations.
- Maintain an updated schedule of project resources.
- Prepare and maintain an up to date directory of project participants and contacts, and issue to the project team after every updated revision.
- Manage the budget, risks, change control and value engineering of projects.
3. Design Management, leadership and document management:
- Regularly and diligently liaise with Barclays Centre of Excellence representatives for Engineering and Real Estate standards, Internal IT for IT standards and Physical security for security standards and scope that needs to be captured.
- Organise and manage design review meetings as required to obtain design guidance and subsequent approvals. Ensure minutes are accurately recorded and distributed to the team within a maximum of two working days after the meetings.
- Maintain records and copies of all documents received and issued for the project. Also keep updating the document registers.
4. Programming and Scheduling:
- Prepare a delivery master programme including all services and supplies. The master programme shall highlight the critical path complete with project and product scope and shall reflect periods of design activities and approvals.
- Master programme shall be base-lined and tracked weekly for reporting
- Advise key stakeholders in writing once a slippage or any change to the programme milestone dates or critical path activities has occurred, or is/are expected to occur, within 24hours by email.
- Review means of re-aligning the programme by scope review, resource levelling, or any other optimisation technique
- Also, the incumbent will review significant other events and activities as appropriate.
- Comment on the need for surveys / investigations of the site and adjacent features
- Ensure all survey / investigations briefs are issued to suppliers. Clearly articulate the needs, aims and objectives for executing the surveys/investigations and mitigating risk to Barclays.
- Ensure the findings / conclusions from surveys / investigations are discussed first internally with the project owner before they are discussed at group level and before design work commences.
6. Appointment of Suppliers / Vendors:
- Review at the commencement of each design stage the need for consultants, suppliers, vendors and contractors.
- Contribute to the appointment of the above to complete the design, procurement and construction of the project including preparation and issuing request for proposals, bid opening, negotiations, analysing bids, drafting letters of intent, appointment and finally contracts.
- Review and provide scopes of services for all consultants and contractors.
- Ensure adequate insurance cover for consultants, suppliers and contractors prior to, during and following construction activities.
- Check applications for payment from the professional team and recommend payments to Barclays in the form of a payment certificate.
- Check other invoices related to the project and approve them based on the contract before finance pays them.
6. Statutory Authorities, Landlord Communication and Management:
- Obtain authority from Barclays authorised team prior to contact with or submission to external bodies
- Communicate and engage with Statutory Authorities and ensure approvals are gained prior to commencing construction works on site.
- Provide options, if applicable to Barclays, as to how approval can be gained if application is rejected or objected to.
- Manage, coordinate inputs and lead the revised submission in cases of failed approval or objection.
- Communicate with in charge of real estate and legal advisors to be aware of the project.
- Advise on appropriate measures to resolve any defects in the landlord’s work, including coordination with the Landlord’s agents, building management team, contractors and suppliers.
- Conduct negotiations with owners/tenants and ensure that site areas are made available for construction works at the appropriate time
- Attend landlord inspections of the works and deal with landlord representatives.
- Agree measures for managing the interface between the project and any works to be carried out by the landlord, including preparation of programmes, cost management, record and advise on damage to landlord’s areas, including measures of remedy and comply with landlord’s permit to work system, if applicable.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Degree in Land Economics / Civil Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering or Electronics or any other field involving numeric and analytical skills
- Possession of a Post Graduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management / or its equivalent
- A Project Management Professional Certificate will be an added advantage
- At least three years’ experience in the Project Management or Coordination
- Excellent project management skills and experience
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Prior experience and skills in Supplier Management
- Prior experience and skills in Relationship Management
- Advanced communication skills
- Advanced Performance Management skills and knowledge
- Proven ability as self-starter
How to Apply:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 24th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline