Job Title: Credit Manager
Organisation: ABC Capital Bank Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
ABC Capital Bank started its journey in 1993, as a deposit taking financial institution then trading by the name Capital Finance Corporation Limited. Licensed and supervised by Bank of Uganda under the Financial Institutions Act 2004, Capital Finance Corporation Limited offered a wide range of products such as savings accounts, business accounts, fixed deposits, business loans services and remittances through Western Union money transfer agency. ABC Capital Bank is part of ABC Group, Kenya and has ambitious growth plans.
Job Summary: The Credit Manager will provide effective leadership to the department’s staff and manage all aspects of credit appraisal & management in order to deliver high customer satisfaction as well as maximize profitability for the bank.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide management leadership, guidance & strategic direction to the credit department
- Develop and implement suitable credit management and legal procedures
- The jobholder will implement the Bank’s Credit Policy and carry out periodic reviews
- Evaluate and assess credit risks, exposure risks, business risks and security risks
- Routinely examine credit applications and provide recommendations to the Credit Committee/BCC
- Regularly review credit facilities and provide management with reports
- Ensure quality lending and clean loan book
- Ensure that securities where applicable are correctly taken and legally enforceable
- Provide credit administrator oversight of custody of credit securities and review them regularly to ensure that they remain legally enforceable
- Ensure that disbursement of credit facilities is done within the approved conditions
- Promptly review credit facilities to avoid holding expired facilities
- Classify credit accounts and provide report to Management
- Grow business in the medium and corporate markets hence driving revenue & minimizing loss
- Monitor credit accounts performance and advise management
- Identify and recommend to the management introduction of new products as per existing and future customers’ need
- Keenly analyse the entire Bank’s credit portfolio for correct provisioning as the Central Bank and provide recommendations where necessary
- Oversee Management of the loan portfolio in order to minimise risk of loss.
- Provide an oversight to Ensure that the data keyed in the system on all aspects of Credit is correctly done to avoid income leakage and any future litigation.
- Ensure all credit provisions are correctly taken by the credit administration unit
- Participate effectively in all product development initiatives that relates to Credit
- Carry out field assessment exercises for customers and evaluate their businesses (KYC) for approval by the credit committee
- Ensure that credit files and all loan appraisal documentation is well maintained and up to date
- Drive credit portfolio profitability
- Ensure that service level agreements are in place & met by all service providers to the credit department
- Coordinate and provide technical assistance during audits, both internal and external and provide reports of the same
- Performance appraisals for staff under your authority be done on a regular basis
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned to you from time to time by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the ABC Capital Bank Credit Manager job opportunity should hold a Degree in either Marketing or Business related discipline from a recognized university
- Possession of a post graduate qualification is an added advantage
- A minimum of six years working experience in busy commercial banking environment
- Sound knowledge of credit products with minimum of 4 years experience
- Ability to translate the bank’s corporate strategy into a departmental business plan and operationally the same.
- Ability to provide leadership that motivates staff to maximize their productivity and retention.
- Ability to present, communicate and implement essential changes to position Credit Department for sustainable success in competitive markets.
- Ability to effectively promote the bank and establish business networks at high levels within the target markets
- Willingness to take measured risks
- Proficiency for evaluating market conditions and responding quickly, proactively and positively
- Good analytical and decision making skills
- Broad knowledge of banking practices and local banking regulations.
- Knowledge of banking products
- Skills in leadership and sales management
- Solution selling techniques
- Excellent interpersonal / written / communication skills
- Good knowledge of banking and financial market in Uganda
- Computer literacy skills
How to Apply:
The ideal candidates are encouraged to send their applications including a signed cover letter, CV and three reputable references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 6th July 2016 by 4:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline