Job Title: Cooperative Coordinator
Organization: Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans (UWESO)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Livelihoods Program Manager
Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans (UWESO) is a national non-government organization which was founded in 1986 by Ugandan mothers committed to providing relief aid to needy children left parentless by the civil turbulence of the mid-1980’s and the HIV/AIDS pandemic.
UWESO has established a Community Multi-Purpose Cooperative Society Limited (UCG) for its members, groups and staff to access suitable financial services from Profit Oriented Financial Institutions. The UWESO Community Multi-Purpose Cooperative Society is to provide tailored Financial and Development services to UWESO family members and enhance sustainability of its operations in Uganda. It was legally registered by Ministry of Trade, Industry and Cooperatives (MTIC) to commence operations nationally in Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively promotes the Vision, Mission, objectives and Products of UCG and UWESO
- Implement and monitor day to day administration and financial services of the UCG.
- Responsible for implementing savings, shares and loan policy and procedures as stipulated in the Operation Manual, recommend revisions and strategy for accelerating performance
- Develop the business of the Community Multi-Purpose Cooperative Society.
- Work together with the Credit Committee, will be responsible for the repayment of all loans made by UCG.
- Sign all legal documents including loan agreements, employment contracts and correspondence on behalf of the UCG after securing delegation from the Board of Directors.
- Shall approve loans after due discussion with the staff loan committee established for the purposes
- Prepare/consolidate financial and operational reports to the Board of Directors
- Liaise UCG with Regional offices, line ministries, donors, administration at all levels
- Regularly review reports of the Field -Financial Services Officers and provide timely decisions
- Serve as secretary to the Board of Directors.
- Familiarize with the main economic activities in the operational areas of UCG
- Identify and respect the cultural values of the communities where UCG is operative.
- Provide awareness training on the basics of savings and loans to group leaders, individual members, and Group promotion office staff, as the need arises.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold an Honors Degree in Commerce, Business Management, Community Development and Micro Finance from recognized institutions of higher learning.
- Possession of a Post graduate Qualification in Micro Finance, Banking, Business Administration will be an added advantage
- At least four years of relevant experience in SACCO/Cooperative, Bank or Micro finance Management
- Hands-on Computer skills (Ms Word,Excel,PowerPoint and Loan Tracking Software)
- A good track record of supervisory and leadership skills
- Proven integrity, good communication and inter-personal skills
- Good monitoring & evaluation reporting skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to send their applications with certified copies of academic transcripts, detailed CVs with salary history, contact addresses of three professional referees to:
Human Resource Officer,
Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans,
Plot 2 Tagore Crescent, Kamwokya,
P.O. Box 8419, Kampala. Uganda
Or Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (All email applications should be in a single PDF file of maximum size – 5MB)
Deadline: Friday, 1st July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline