Job Title: Child Protection Officer
Organisation: ChildFund International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Child Protection Manager
For over seventy years globally, ChildFund provides help to deprived, excluded and vulnerable children to have the capacity to improve their lives and opportunity to become young adults, parents and leaders who bring lasting and positive change to their communities. We promote societies whose individuals and institutions participate in valuing, protecting and advancing the worth and rights of children.
Job Summary: The Child Protection Officer will support the National office in the conceptualization, development, and support of the acquisition and technical quality of programs. The incumbent will particularly support the implementation and mainstreaming of child protection across all programs in the areas of operation in Uganda. The Officer will provide technical assistance in all areas of child protection-related programming including, child protection in the school/education environment and promotion of programs that ensure quality education and learning achievement.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support building of capacity and strengthening capabilities or skills of relevant staff in various functions and Local partners through mentoring, training, knowledge/information exchange, experience sharing and on-site technical expertise.
- Ensure that child protection interventions are informed by strong evidence of research and integrated with other core sectors particularly in education and lifelong learning.
- Offer technical support in the implementation of safer school models and strategies to address violence against children in schools
- Provide technical expertise on concept papers, program pipelines and proposals development and ensure child protection alignment
- Supports in development of programme strategy for children and young adolescents with strong child protection lenses and aligned to the organizational programme development and impact approaches.
- Supports in intelligence gathering, positioning of NO, rapid response to competitive bids, and general project development and negotiations with donors in support of grants acquisition
- Prepares and submits high quality programme reports that meet both organizational and donor requirements in a timely manner.
- The Child Protection Officer supports the operational research process with given consultants and other specialists and promote knowledge management and learning through production and sharing of learning briefs to inform programme effectiveness and efficiency.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the ChildFund Child Protection Officer job should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Humanities, Education or other relevant field.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in Child protection programming and systems strengthening with strong exposure and understanding of the local, Regional and International context.
- Significant experience in program development and Knowledge of education sector in Uganda and strong working experience with children and young adolescent.
- Previous exposure and experience in serving as a technical specialist in multi-cultural work environments focusing on program development and management.
- Proven ability to build, develop and foster relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent administrative, communications, negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to represent and interact with donors, Government officials, international organizations and NGO representatives.
- Excellent organizational, inter-personal, communication and report writing skills.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send their applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae, academic and professional papers and names of three professional referees with their Email/ daytime telephone contacts to: The National Director, ChildFund International, P.O. Box 3342, Kampala, Uganda Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Hand deliver to ChildFund National Office located on Plot 71/72 Namirembe Road P.O. Box 3342, Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 1st July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline