Job Title: Area Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Organisation: ChildFund International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
For over seventy years globally, ChildFund provides help to deprived, excluded and vulnerable children to have the capacity to improve their lives and opportunity to become young adults, parents and leaders who bring lasting and positive change to their communities. We promote societies whose individuals and institutions participate in valuing, protecting and advancing the worth and rights of children.
Job Summary: The Area Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will support establishment and implementation of a comprehensive organizational M&E and knowledge management system to enhance impact monitoring, quality control and evaluation in order to improve internal processes and results delivery.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively promote and monitor best practices in program design and planning that lead to holistic and quality programming, making best use of Country and Area Strategic Planning guidance notes.
- In charge of establishing and implementing a comprehensive organizational M&E and knowledge management system to enhance impact monitoring, quality control and evaluation in order to improve internal processes and results delivery.
- Being a program quality assurance role, the holder will ensure timely monitoring and reporting of processes for management decision making to ensure that the implementation of programs by ChildFund (directly and / or through other stakeholders) achieves the desired core outcomes.
- Facilitate quality programs/projects designs within the organization, correctly interpreting ChildFund core program areas and inclusion of organization core outcomes in the programs designs.
- Support Area Offices in ensuring that all programs (sponsorship, grants, etc.) are aligned to, and directed towards organization core outcomes and development priorities as defined in Area Strategy Plans and as well as in the Organization (global) Strategy.
- The incumbent will develop and document in a participatory manner the M&E framework identified at strategy development stage into an elaborate program M&E system, with all sub-systems (planning, monitoring and evaluation) and well defined performance indicators.
- Support Area programs in developing monitoring and data collection plans and methodologies, including appropriate tools, and oversee quplity implementation of M&E activities within ChildFund Uganda to meet ChildFund International standards; i.e. coordinating the development of projects’ Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the ChildFund Area Monitoring & Evaluation Officer job should preferably hold a Bachelor’s or higher-level degree preferred (Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Economics and Statics) or equivalent relevant work experience in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in related field.
- Significant experience in planning, monitoring, and evaluation in development organizations with proven track record working in child centered program designs and implementation and managing field staff. Logical framework approach and other strategic planning approaches - including, needs assessment and programs design, logical framework development, selecting indicators, implementing monitoring plans, coordinating evaluations and data analysis.
- High computer proficiency including deep knowledge of and practice in statistical and data management packages, such as SPSS, EPI-Info, LQAS and others.
- Proven skills in training and M&E capacity development of staff preferred/ facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and cross- cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, social and political issues.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send their applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae, academic and professional papers and names of three professional referees with their Email/ daytime telephone contacts to: The National Director, ChildFund International, P.O. Box 3342, Kampala, Uganda Email: email@example.com OR Hand deliver to ChildFund National Office located on Plot 71/72 Namirembe Road P.O. Box 3342, Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 1st July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline